• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trolling motor problems need help

Dawgfan1

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
13   0
Reaction score
I was fishing today and started having trouble with my minn kota rip tide 80lb thrust 24 volt trolling motor. it ran ok then started slowing down. then just kinda almost went dead. I used my front 46lb trolling motor to get me back, I get home and tear into this thing and black water poured out all over the place. The whole motor was full of water and I a afraid i messed it up bad. I a wondering if I should take it somewhere or should I fix it myself. Where could I take it and or where could I get replacement parts from? I am so sad i loved this trolling motor and it cost me an arm and a leg and it has gotten me around fast for years. Anyone with any knowledge on these things? Maybe someone here on the forum can help me rebuild it????

I am sure y batteries are fine, when I tore into the motor and all that black water came out i knew the seals were bad and all that water had been in there a little too long.
Yeah I am just not sure how or where to start I may take it to the local marine shop. But if anyone here works on them I would be glad to pay another odt member than a shop.

If you figure out what parts you need just call minn kota to order them, I've done it a few times before and been very happy.

If you figure out what parts you need just call minn kota to order them, I've done it a few times before and been very happy.

I would but I am not 100% what needs replaced other than some seals, it could also be that my shaft is cracked and letting water in. who knows. I just want a pro to look at it and tell me if its worth fixing or if I should just spend that money on a new model.

got in touch with a place over in fayetteville and they are going to get me fixed up i think. i was looking for someone closer but sounds like they are the best around. said they will fix it while i wait. bit i am going to try to dry it out , clean it all out and see if it will run right if not a new motor is needed.

Back
Top Bottom