• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble with neighbors dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had multiple boxers and I've been around countless others. I've never met a 'mean' one. Without seeing it, he may just be doing his job (protecting his territory and letting you know who rules it) or he might be a problem. If he's come onto YOUR property, yep, that's a problem. We've got the same issue with two American Bulldogs. The difference is animal control has been called and come out multiple times. Nothing has changed despite the owner getting some heavy citations. It took a great twist a while back when the owners son was involved in a shooting in a drug deal gone bad. "Bad" dogs generally have bad owners. Neighborhoods are awesome....
All of that was probably completely useless except to say... I feel your pain. I haven't yet brought myself to take lethal action and I sincerely hope I never regret it.

Edit, just read your last post. Call the Sherriff's office if animal control won't respond and ask them what you are supposed to do.
Yeah man I don't want to shoot it at all, and I'm actually skeptical about doing anything because my neighbor on the other side of me had there car window busted out by a rock because she asked the same neighbor to help pay for vet bills when one of their other dogs attacked her dog inside of their garage. But if I don't do something my wife and daughter take the risk going out to play.

I have not spoken with them yet, I know I need to. Biggest problem is I'm on 2nd shift and the guy is apparently on
1st and can never seem to catch him home. But that is no excuse I'm going to have to make time to because I'm not sending my wife over there to talk to some random guy.

Yeah you don't want your wife talking to some random guy. Wait to talk to him face to face so he knows you are serious. Maybe this link will help identify if this guy is breaking the law
http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusgast4_8_21.htm

Yeah man I don't want to shoot it at all, and I'm actually skeptical about doing anything because my neighbor on the other side of me had there car window busted out by a rock because she asked the same neighbor to help pay for vet bills when one of their other dogs attacked her dog inside of their garage. But if I don't do something my wife and daughter take the risk going out to play.
Well that's just perfect...
This is probably not going to come to an easy end. :mad:

I hope and pray it does come to a good end. Maybe animal control will tell them that there dog is in danger of being shot and they will just keep it put away. That's all I want cause I just don't want to shoot it

Having been bitten twice in my life by others animals, I would not side with the pet owner or the animal. No animal should be harmed unjustly but a threat is a threat, two legged or four. Had a good friend growing up who's face was permanently scarred from a dog attack. Protect your family first, hope this ends well for you.

Having been bitten twice in my life by others animals, I would not side with the pet owner or the animal. No animal should be harmed unjustly but a threat is a threat, two legged or four. Had a good friend growing up who's face was permanently scarred from a dog attack. Protect your family first, hope this ends well for you.
Thanks buddy, my daughter has a permanent scar on her upper lip because a similar situation.

You are wasting your time with animal control. Call the cops.
I think I'm waisting my time with every route I take, when I call the sheriffs department they always route me to animal control saying they have no connection with animal control. Oh I forgot to mention that the owner of the dog is a fire fighter. That being said I personally think they are friends or aquatinted and just ignore it.

I had a similar incident with my neighbor 5 years ago . His dog charged me about 10 times in a year my kids were 4 years old at the time I got my kid out and dog came in my yard I got in the back of my truck with my son the dog tried to junp in the bed with us and I shot the dog . This was after numerous talks with owner ,cops , animal control and now he keeps his dogs put up . Sadly one got run over chasing cars this past year . I didn't want to shoot his dog but my kids are top on my list . Protect yourself and your kids I wouldn't hesitate to make that same decision agian .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom