• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

trout fishing the soque

Omega

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Any advice. Im living a mile from the mark of the potter.... i keep seeing all these monsters and im dying to know how to catch one. Ive Caughtthe lake trout in burton,but that seems easy compared to this river fishing.
Things i need to know. What you fish with... rod ,reel,line,do you weight, spinners, worms,artificial, live what????
I caught a stocker with corn. But not what im looking for

Any knowledge will help.

Last edited:
Any advice. Im living a mile from the mark of the potter.... i keep seeing all these monsters and im dying to know how to catch one. Ive Caughtthe lake trout in burton,but that seems easy compared to this river fishing.
Things i need to know. What you fish with... rod ,reel,line,do you weight, spinners, worms,artificial, live what????
I caught a stocker with corn. But not what im looking for

Any knowledge will help.

I wouldn't recommend fishing at MOTP. ;) I used to fish down stream of there a good bit from the bridge where the cable crosses up. You can go up a good ways and still be on public land, and increase your odds of a bigger fish that moved downstream. If your just fishing to catch, light spinning gear, 6# line, with the typical trout baits work well. Just have to be in the right place at the right time for the bigger fish. I prefer to use spinners, trout worms, and other artificial so I spend more time fishing, and less time worrying about bating a hook.

Did some work for a lady just upstream from the cables across it. She took a bucket of fish food and shook it, about 30 seconds later the water was churning with the biggest trout I'd ever seen.

Did some work for a lady just upstream from the cables across it. She took a bucket of fish food and shook it, about 30 seconds later the water was churning with the biggest trout I'd ever seen.
sounds like you should have made better friends

Whats the worst that would happen if you did fish at MOTP (during the night)? I always wanted to reel in one of those monsters.

I had access one time to a small private section of the Soque. You could see 3 feeders strung over the river. I caught a 5lb Rainbow on a pink salmon egg along with many other 18+ inch trout on various baits. It is neat catching a big trout, but they are just as dumb as a 9inch stocker. Not really a great accomplishment. Just pellet fed pigs.

Back
Top Bottom