• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trudeau gun ban in Canada

This is drift from "assault rifle" which actually means a certain thing (which the left always ignores and perverts) to "assault STYLE" meaning anything capable of firing an untethered projectile made of anything except foam and traveling any faster than 12 feet per second.

Now maybe I was wrong in my understanding but I thought the original definition of "assault rifle" was a long arm firing an intermediate or full rifle sized cartridge, using detachable magazines and capable of selective fire with semi-automatic, fully automatic and/or multi-shot burst capability. AR-15's, AKs (semi auto) and literally NOTHING on that list shown above fits the definition.

Now for my nickel this is pretty clear and logical but does nothing to answer the question of who should be allowed to own true assault rifles. To me, in America given that the constitution allowed for arming the citizenry with the same stuff as the military as a buffer from either domestic or foreign tyranny, the answer should be if you want one get one. Get 17 for all I care. Get a tank for all I care.

I would draw a line in terms of weapons......I'd say no nukes or other WMDs, chemical or biological. You wanna to blast out a stump using a block of C4 or down a tree with some det cord, more power to ya.......be safe!

Now maybe I was wrong in my understanding but I thought the original definition of "assault rifle" was a long arm firing an intermediate or full rifle sized cartridge, using detachable magazines and capable of selective fire with semi-automatic, fully automatic and/or multi-shot burst capability. AR-15's, AKs (semi auto) and literally NOTHING on that list shown above fits the definition.

Now for my nickel this is pretty clear and logical but does nothing to answer the question of who should be allowed to own true assault rifles. To me, in America given that the constitution allowed for arming the citizenry with the same stuff as the military as a buffer from either domestic or foreign tyranny, the answer should be if you want one get one. Get 17 for all I care. Get a tank for all I care.

I would draw a line in terms of weapons......I'd say no nukes or other WMDs, chemical or biological. You wanna to blast out a stump using a block of C4 or down a tree with some det cord, more power to ya.......be safe!

The last paragraph sounds good to me !!
I thought “assault weapon” was something the anti gunners just made up. :confused: A buzz word they started tossing around in the early 70’s (when i first heard it). Then real strongly in the 80’s .....
As far as i am concerned every weapon can be deemed an assault weapon since they were originally designed to kill.
When the left gets through getting all the assault weapons off the street by making them illegal (like thats gonna work) then they will start calling every revolver a ‘Saturday night special’ and want them outlawed as well. Where does it end? When they think we have none left.
Good luck Canada - dont give them up !

It's coming, and quite likely much sooner than most here would anticipate unless something can be done to elect the right politicians. Better yet, elect people who aren't party line following career politicians.

Back
Top Bottom