• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TruPrep Sales Oct 8th 11-3pm

I left TruPrep shortly after the noon drawing (didn't win anything). The place was packed! Great turnout. I picked up a Kershaw Cryo, a couple of the small gun safes, and some .22 ammo. I wish I coulda bought more, but the budget doesn't have much budge in it these days. :doh:

Thanks for hosting such a great event, TruPrep! I really enjoyed it.

As above -- the place was packed and then their computers rebooted -- maybe a power surge. It took 45 minutes for 1st guy to get through then they caught up.. Lots of prizes at 12 but I was stuck in line buying a Anderson lower. Wanted 2 but they were limiting sales.

I'm glad there was a good turnout! I wanted to make it but with the M&G today it was impossible.
I need to make a trip to truprep this week. They have a backpack I want and I've been thinking about it since the last time I was up there. I love that place!

Good times, got to meet some ODT members. Thank you to those who came out and supported Truprep. Lots of great local businesses out today doing what we do. Thanks!

Ahh, I didn't realize you were there. Would have liked shook your hand. I've sent you enough of my money in holsters I should have you on speed dial by now. lol

Good times, got to meet some ODT members. Thank you to those who came out and supported Truprep. Lots of great local businesses out today doing what we do. Thanks!

Man, I wish I'd known that you were there! Mainly just to say hello, but also to pick your brain about an OWB holster for a Glock 19. I have a leather one that's kinda letting me down.

We try to stay local as much as we can. We carry a wide variety of local manufacturers to the area and the US and prefer it. However there is a portion of our customer base that wants the price point of Kershaw knives from China so we offer them. We try to keep foreign items at a minimum and we carry high end locally made knives as well but not everyone wants or needs a $200+ knife. If you know of a US made knife for under $30 that would meet that demand, we would love to carry it.

Keep in mind we aren't a faceless company like Amazon with investors with deep pockets that can forge lucrative deals with shipping providers and manufacturers and sell products at a loss to gain market share. We are a locally owned business started by two local guys who saw a need and wanted to help fill it. Despite that, we do try to compete with Amazon where we can and don't carry products where we cannot.

As far as the Amazon price of the products, we thoroughly checked all of these prices against Amazon and beat them handily as they were a few days ago which is no small feat. However, their prices fluctuate a lot (when I looked at your link earlier, one seller had one left for a few cents lower and now it is gone). We figured if we didn't do our due diligence then someone would call us out on it but obviously that happened anyway. See what we are up against?

When a was younger, I used to be the kind of person who would buy online to save a couple dollars but as I have gotten older and matured I see the benefit of supporting local business even if higher from time to time. If you don't feel that way, that is your prerogative. Maybe when all the local businesses have given up, Amazon will keep their prices low and start carrying body armor and the other items impossible to get online, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Meanwhile we will continue to do our best to offer the best products, prices, and service we can and put our customers first!

Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

I was there and spent about $100. My original comment started out as me just having a little fun. But a couple of folks here were a little sensitive. I've spent plenty there before today. I bet I'm more loyal than many of the ODT members that jumped to your defense.

Today I bought stuff made in Austria, Serbia, and lots of things made in the good ol' USA. However I did not buy any Chinese knives. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom