• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey day hunt.

Alright y’all. Had the hot doe come in with a spike and a decent 8. J had already decided I was shooting even some of the questionable bucks today. You know how over time you can drop your standards.

I grunted with the faithful Odt grunt call. He b lines for me. One problem I knew once I got the stand is my bubble level fell out of my sight pin. Fixed blade broadhead. He was about to spook and I went ahead and took a shot I knew I shouldn’t have. Quartering to me slightly. I tried to stick it right between the front shoulders from the front. He dropped when I shot and I feel like I hit further back than intended. Possibly could’ve deflected a small limb I did not see. Anyways.

deer takes off backward ten yards. Stops and takes a dump. Walks up on the hill thirty more yards and beds down. Doe comes back by with spike and he gets up to go with her. Ten minutes later spike and doe come back out of pine thicket and no bucks with them. Did he bust off to go to creek or thicket to bed? Was he gut shot? Grazed? Idk.

nothing in arrow. No pass through sign but did find small blood trail where he bedded I followed Thirtty yards and was difficult to see after that so I decided to back out and come back this afternoon. I have a feeling just a graze. But idk. Bad feeling

Alright y’all. Had the hot doe come in with a spike and a decent 8. J had already decided I was shooting even some of the questionable bucks today. You know how over time you can drop your standards.

I grunted with the faithful Odt grunt call. He b lines for me. One problem I knew once I got the stand is my bubble level fell out of my sight pin. Fixed blade broadhead. He was about to spook and I went ahead and took a shot I knew I shouldn’t have. Quartering to me slightly. I tried to stick it right between the front shoulders from the front. He dropped when I shot and I feel like I hit further back than intended. Possibly could’ve deflected a small limb I did not see. Anyways.

deer takes off backward ten yards. Stops and takes a dump. Walks up on the hill thirty more yards and beds down. Doe comes back by with spike and he gets up to go with her. Ten minutes later spike and doe come back out of pine thicket and no bucks with them. Did he bust off to go to creek or thicket to bed? Was he gut shot? Grazed? Idk.

nothing in arrow. No pass through sign but did find small blood trail where he bedded I followed Thirtty yards and was difficult to see after that so I decided to back out and come back this afternoon. I have a feeling just a graze. But idk. Bad feeling

Got the odt curious lol update if possible?

This morning hunt 35 Whelan to the face on the doe and ole bruce had to go this morning lol.

Attachments

• 20201126_103242.jpg
    20201126_103242.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20201126_103045.jpg
    20201126_103045.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 41

That’s sucks, awful feeling!

Got the odt curious lol update if possible?
Finally got on some blood right at dark with the light. We tracked him with just small drops every 4-5 feet with about 4-5 occasional splatters 5-6 inch diameter maybe up to about 80-100 yards and blood fizzled out. I feel pretty confident I have him a nice haircut like when a crazy woman cut my sons ear and he bled a little while but was fine. I should’ve took a picture of the pile of hair where I shot. I felt like arrow went way further back than intended but also a small limb I’m pretty sure it deflected on. I feel better thinking he is alive and well.

Back
Top Bottom