• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkeys are tight lipped

xlr8ngn

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
Hunted AL today, had one gobble once at daylight and nothing. Made several moves and had one gobble, headed his direction and he gobbled further away. Headed his way again and he gobbled about 100 yds away, we got close. We set up, never heard another peep. He was likely hen’d up, but he didn’t even give us a complimentary bye gobble. They aren’t making much noise right now.

1711830232287.png

Had 3 gobblers at 70 yards this morning hammering. They hung up and doubled backthe way they came. This evening I haven't heard a single gobble. My wife's uncle and another guy in our club doubled up on the edge of a food plot. Me and the wife are running and gunning this afternoon, it's been tough eith all this wind here.

Had 3 gobblers at 70 yards this morning hammering. They hung up and doubled backthe way they came. This evening I haven't heard a single gobble. My wife's uncle and another guy in our club doubled up on the edge of a food plot. Me and the wife are running and gunning this afternoon, it's been tough eith all this wind here.
At least you're in the woods

Man the birds were on fire where I hunted, my buddy missed one 5 minutes into the hunt. We set up and the bird basically flew off roost straight in his lap and he missed it. we had a lot of birds gobbling but none that wanted to work, all of them are henned up.

Man the birds were on fire where I hunted, my buddy missed one 5 minutes into the hunt. We set up and the bird basically flew off roost straight in his lap and he missed it. we had a lot of birds gobbling but none that wanted to work, all of them are henned up.
My wife and I used to drive down on Friday night and set up in the dark. Crawl in bed @ 2300-0100. I'd go hunting before daybreak. The Turkey would walk right through camp. One morning, one flew right out of the tree and landed on the other side of the camper. I can't remember if I was deer or turkey hunting

My wife and I used to drive down on Friday night and set up in the dark. Crawl in bed @ 2300-0100. I'd go hunting before daybreak. The Turkey would walk right through camp. One morning, one flew right out of the tree and landed on the other side of the camper. I can't remember if I was deer or turkey hunting
sounds like you need to hunt out of the camper, I could get spoiled with that kind of hunting.

Back
Top Bottom