• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Turkish MKA 1919 - Anybody here ever held/fired/drooled on one?

Stock and buffer tube is for an AR with the adapter i got but uses no buffer springs cause wouldn't be functional. Most of the parts are mka specific. It's larger than your normal AR. You can use an AR grip with an adapter. It comes with 3 chokes but I have a tactical screw in choke at .000 since I only shoot buck or slugs. Forend is mka specific. Trigger kit is also mka.

Ive had no trouble cycling buck and slugs but the issues are always with lighter loads. You can put a gas booster bushing ($10) and or a light load recoil spring ($20). I have the bushing but haven't used it yet. Manual says to shoot heavy rounds for break in the you should have no problems with the light stuff.

I also like the bolt stays open after last round compared to the Saiga. Not as much aftermarket support as the Saiga but it's coming

Also if you get one the first batches sold had a wider rail so can't really fit picatinny stuff. It's been changed to milspec/weaver rail now. Mines the older batch so it has the wider rail. Not a problem cause I'll stay with the factory sights/carry handle

Anyone have problems with light strikes on theirs? Mine seems to get them every 5-10 rounds, depending on the ammo. Seems like it's just on the edge.

The reliability with saigas can be easily solved if you know what to look for. If you get a MKA, keep an eye on the gasblock, I know a guy who says his cracked after less than 20 rounds. The importer did make good on it and took care of it. After all this time you'd think they would have the options the Saiga does. Its seems like manufacturers are waiting for popularity to increase, but it won't become more popular until there are more accessories. Its too easy to put all your production resources into Saiga stuff since you know they are going to sell.

Saw one at our last 3-gun match. A real JAM-O-MATIC. :yuck:

Wqas it NEW? Did he run a couple 4 boxes of high brass thru it then take it apart and find all the places where the bolt was rubbing and stuff is grinding in together on its own? Clean it all up, put it back together and THEN try some bird shot? Or did he just take it from new and decide to run it with the cheap ass mao mart shells? They do NOT like the cheap shells, the hull is too soft and it will deform, buy better shells with a tougher plastic or even the federal paper hulls and they will run better.

Back
Top Bottom