• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Turkish MKA 1919 - Anybody here ever held/fired/drooled on one?

I do not know how old it was or if it was stock. He was using birdshot, per the match rules. It just would not feed from the mags reliably. It was painful to watch.

Art

Last edited:
If you have the opportunity, scoop it up. I was actually trying to find a Saiga 12 at the gun show and all were sold in the price range I was willing to commit to. I came across this and broke down and got it for $900. Lets just say it was fate, i absolutely love mine. its aggressive enough to be my go-to weapon for any kind of defense. And the amazing thing is i can take it with me to skeet shoots and it hangs just fine with the mossberg 500s my friends and i shoot with. in fact i wont be taking my mossberg with me to the shoot next time. its definitely worth the money and with all the neat options available for it now it will serve many purposes.

Oh by the way the best rounds for it in stock configuration i have found is the high brass 00 buck military surplus. you can find it at Walmart. It will stovepipe without a spring swap-out with lighter loads. After all it is a semi-auto and all that recoil is in fact needed to cycle the bolt.

Thanks for that, ghosttunes.

From all I've read, it really likes the heavy loads - at least for the break-in period. Still looking for mine...

Heh, just now read your follow up post. Good point!

If you have the opportunity, scoop it up. I was actually trying to find a Saiga 12 at the gun show and all were sold in the price range I was willing to commit to. I came across this and broke down and got it for $900. Lets just say it was fate, i absolutely love mine. its aggressive enough to be my go-to weapon for any kind of defense. And the amazing thing is i can take it with me to skeet shoots and it hangs just fine with the mossberg 500s my friends and i shoot with. in fact i wont be taking my mossberg with me to the shoot next time. its definitely worth the money and with all the neat options available for it now it will serve many purposes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom