• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Turn to CNBC (about Remington 700 rifles)

Why hasn't the Govt forced Remington to have a recall ??

They cant without trampling on our constitutional rights. Do you really want the Govt telling gun manufacturers what to do?

Enjoy your new $27,000 break action single shot rifle that can't be opened and loaded until a satellite (which requires a subscription) actually determines that a target game species is in range and that their are no other humans within the effective range of the cartridge you're shooting. The cartridge which by the way now costs $779 and contains an ID microchip with the names of you and everyone you've ever spoken to about firearms and will automatically send a signal to the satellite informing every government agency that someone has a loaded gun at your exact GPS coordinates and is preparing to fire as well as letting them know what the intended target is. After loaded the gun must recieve an approval code via sattelite from the local magistrates office before it can be fired. Once fired all brass must be turned in to the local magistrates office and recorded as discharged and the appropriate paperwork must be filled out before you are allowed to purchase another $779 cartridge.

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by much. Talk to someone from one of the European countries without the second amendment.

Last edited:

They cant without trampling on our constitutional rights. Do you really want the Govt telling gun manufacturers what to do?

Enjoy your new $27,000 break action single shot rifle that can't be opened and loaded until a satellite (which requires a subscription) actually determines that a target game species is in range and that their are no other humans within the effective range of the cartridge you're shooting. The cartridge which by the way now costs $779 and contains an ID microchip with the names of you and everyone you've ever spoken to about firearms and will automatically send a signal to the satellite informing every government agency that someone has a loaded gun at your exact GPS coordinates and is preparing to fire as well as letting them know what the intended target is. After loaded the gun must recieve an approval code via sattelite from the local magistrates office before it can be fired. Once fired all brass must be turned in to the local magistrates office and recorded as discharged and the appropriate paperwork must be filled out before you are allowed to purchase another $779 cartridge.

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by much. Talk to someone from one of the European countries without the second amendment.

I could not have said this any better myself. You da man BHJ.

I'll be the first to say that it sounds like you need an aluminum hat. That being said (before anyone else did) you're not way far off of what we can do now when tracking the troops. I just finished a deal that has similar abilities in them designed to keep up with our spec op boys and gear.

Some of the things that Uncle Sam is doing right now sounds like Star Wars stuff and if you speak about it you sound like a nut. A year ago I would be laughing at your post, now I think about the last meeting I was in, shake my head and wonder how long before "it" happens.

And now........some will say that I'm just as crazy as you and Unclear.

Last edited:
I thought that the story may have been propaganda too... until I saw the videos of the rifle firing by just touching the bolt or by just clicking the safety off. It also seems unsafe to have to disengage the safety to open the action. I'll think twice about hunting with that model now.

Remington tried to straddle a line with the adjustable trigger on the 700. On the one hand, they send them out from the factory with a conservative setting, with the adjustment screws locked down with adhesive, and a warning that only a gunsmith should alter the trigger. In this way, we in the gun community are able to view the 700 trigger as adjustable, while Remington can use their choices about factory settings and warning messages as a fig leaf for a trigger that could be adjusted so light, with so little sear engagement, that it might go off without a trigger pull.

Savage was smart: They figured out a trigger that is 100% resistent to non-trigger activiated firing and ambulence chasing attorneys.

Back
Top Bottom