• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Twenty States Want Lake City To Stop Civilian Sales of AR15 Ammo

Some of the attorneys generals are acting without even consulting their Bosses. The Governor and the People. This "Office of Gun Violence Protection" is unconstitutional at best and is being paid for by the American Citizens they are trying to disarm. People need to get involved on a local level. These Leftist Lunatics will not stop.

The rumor was that they stopped civilian sales because government might need the ammo soon. I've seen evidence supporting this isn't the case from distributors and evidence supporting that it is. It's a wash, but price of 5.56 has risen for me at least.

The rumor was that they stopped civilian sales because government might need the ammo soon. I've seen evidence supporting this isn't the case from distributors and evidence supporting that it is. It's a wash, but price of 5.56 has risen for me at least.
It is just that, a rumor.

What 20 states might want Lake City to do is pretty much irrelevant. There's another thread running on this, but the way the Lake City operators' contract works is that they can sell any excess ammo they make to the public once they've met their contractual demand to the US government.

To be able to do so was one of the economic parameters built into their original bid. This has been the case for the current contract, and probably goes back to however previous contract holders there have ever been. In times of high government demand, getting LC product via commercial channels was hard (and prices reflected that).

In times where we weren't shooting quite as many foreigners in foreign places, LC was freely available.

I think at the moment, those 20 states may be getting what they want, but not for the reasons they think. And their request is basically a request for the federal government to renege on or renegotiate an existing contract, which I don't expect to happen.

To the extent that prices are rising, I put most of that down to Bidenflation in general.

Back
Top Bottom