• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ultrasonic cleaners

Funny you should ask. I'm zapping my Dead Air Mask as I type this.

I have a generic ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon (like this, but with dial knobs) https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Commercial-Ultrasonic-Capacity-Solution/dp/B01HGNM5WE

And I'm trying out using the Birchwood Casey Brass cleaner, but really, the ultrasonic is doing most of the work. Usually I use citric acid (lemishine) and some dish soap. I will have to keep a close watch on the surfaces, because as I understand it, the Birchwood Case stuff has phosphoric acid in it.

I'll post some 'after' pics when I'm done.

I guess I should also ask what capacity I would need also.
3L is plenty.

While I'm at it, I'll just warn you that ultrasonic cleaners can strip the finish off of parts like end caps (and if you decide to clean gun parts, it'll strip the polycoat off of metal CZs in seconds). You'll see when I post my pictures that my Mask endcap is now naked. i'm not that bothered, but you might be.

IMG_20240303_204629.jpg
IMG_20240303_204551_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240303_204609.jpg
IMG_20240303_204612.jpg

As you can see in the first picture, I'm not aiming for surgically clean, just 'pretty good' so that the parts can be reassembled easily.

As you can see from the third one, the end cap looks like it's done a tour of duty in Crapistan.

I don't have a regular schedule, but I think that was after about 600 rds of all kinds of ammo.

22lr is dirty, dirty stuff, and basically, when the can feels too heavy and I have time, I just sling it in the ultrasound for 20 minutes or so.

Thanks! That was going to be my next question! How long should I leave in the cleaner.

Yeah, I was shooting some old CCI Blazer crap yesterday, never again.....

Back
Top Bottom