• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ultrasonic cleaners

I just bought some "Breakthru suppressor cleaner" after reading a 6 page review on arfcom. Seems promising and the first two hours of soaking my .22 sealed can is promising. It has 2 ounces of lead and carbon buildup so I'll see how much weight it loses.

Link

Thanks! That was going to be my next question! How long should I leave in the cleaner.

Yeah, I was shooting some old CCI Blazer crap yesterday, never again.....

Most ultrasonic cleaners allow you to set the temperature too - I don't have a fixed temp, but when I have concentrated chemicals in the water I don't let it get too hot because there will be more chemicals 'boiled off'.

I just bought some "Breakthru suppressor cleaner" after reading a 6 page review on arfcom. Seems promising and the first two hours of soaking my .22 sealed can is promising. It has 2 ounces of lead and carbon buildup so I'll see how much weight it loses.

Link

Thanks! Solid idea to weigh it!!

Screenshot_20240304_150206_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I don't have any evidence for- or against- it, but I'd be wary of using a cleaning formula that wasn't predominantly water.

Ultrasonic cleaners have a heating effect on the liquids in them, and indeed, the way that ultrasonic cleaners work is by causing cavitation bubbles on the surface of the things you want to clean. You're going to have vapor given off, and I'd avoid anything that contained volatile, flammable chemicals.

I'll say one thing about the video they have on the Amazon page for the product Spas-12 Owner Spas-12 Owner linked to.

If you do decide to clean magazines in the ultrasonic cleaner, dry them off as soon as you get them out of the tank.

1709583429435.png

To save on the mess and the cost of ultrasonic cleaning fluid, I stick small parts into a heavy duty ziplock bag filled with the fluid I want to use. The rest of the machine is filled with deionized water. Some people use mason jars filled with real cleaning solution in a bath of water.

Hospitals use white vinegar in their ultrasonic cleaning machines. It'll help take off all kinds of dried body fluids.

Vinegar or some diluted mean green cleaner in a baggie gets a lot of stuff clean.

Back
Top Bottom