Unarmed combat skills in SHTF

Good question & good start for a thread.
Even those that don't answer should think hard about the question.

However I believe that skillset is important to have for anyone in today's world.
Although I agree w/ what I believe to be the OP's intended direction.... in any kind of emergency it will been even more important to know how to defend yourself.

Last edited:
For the past three years I've been studying ancient combat skills of feudal Japan including both modern and ancient weapons. However, I'm always looking for something else to add to my resume.

I have mixed feeling on unarmed combat.

I truely believe that fighting is either in you or its not.
You are born with the killer instinct to finish the fight.
I think it goes back to coming from either a hunter or gatherer.

While the flip side, everyone can benifit from unarmed training
and I think it would help in most confrontations.

How many of you think unarmed combat skills/hand to hand combat skills would be useful in a SHTF situation? How many of you are doing that type of training?

I have reached a point in my life where I have come to the conclusion that I am too old to fight but too young to die. I always carry a nice size pocket knife with pocket clip and a small pocket pistol at the very least. unarmed combat skills is fine for you young guns but if the SHTF I am going to shoot first and ask ???? later. If you mess with me lead will fly before fists. Just sayin'. ;)

I can bury my tomahawks at 10-15' on the move. We are talking deep penetration. <----that's what she said

On a serious note, bow skills, hell even spear skills can be useful. I know a few websites that sale quality weaponry. But, it's hard to go wrong with cold steel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom