Unarmed combat skills in SHTF

They haven't been teaching martial arts skills for thousands of years for nothing. The best martial arts have been proven time and again through combat. I rest my case. My argument can not be broken.

Bottomline... if there are no negative repurcussions for my actions, I will do what is necessary to take care of #1... which is my family and myself. This means if you "have" and I "need"... only one of us is going to leave the engagement with whatever the item is.. and no... I am not going to sacrifice my advantage to approach you and ask nicely for you to give it up peacefully.

In a true SHTF scenario... people like me survive, people like you dont. You already live in atlanta, so I really dont think you would be with us for very long anyways. Too many people, too few resources = bloodbath, but hey, maybe people will join together in love and unity as they starve to death.

In other words, you would in turn become the thief or murderer in order to survive. Nice. Nobody here is being naive. You wouldn't last very long in the world you describe unless you are in the backwoods taking out traveling strangers. Best of luck with your survival plan.

Last edited:
They haven't been teaching martial arts skills for thousands of years for nothing. The best martial arts have been proven time and again through combat. I rest my case. My argument can not be broken.

Lol agree with you there.

Any skill can be helpful if SHTF, anything from simple stick fighting to full on jujutsu drills. What a lot of people overlook (and it may be covered here, if so I will say it again), there is a key to know when not to fight as well. The military guys will back me up here as well as any LEO's, knowing when to back down and do so safely is something very important to learn. Too many people have died or been injured by returning threat to a threat giver.

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/ is an interesting read and again I apologize if it has been linked to before, have a browse over it if you get a moment.

Back
Top Bottom