• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unethical or illegal

I did and will not buy from them. It's pretty sad what some retailers will do to sell something.

Is it being advertised as "new in box"
OR
"as new in box"

Big difference and I don't think "as new in box" is illegal or unethical if it's true.

I bought a "new" gun once from a local store and called S&W to ask about the accessories that should have come with it. The guy told me he couldn't send them to me as it was a used gun.
I contacted the store and they couldn't have me return it fast enough.

I bought a "new" gun once from a local store and called S&W to ask about the accessories that should have come with it. The guy told me he couldn't send them to me as it was a used gun.

Yeah,i think this happens Much more than people imagine.

I have seen car dealerships buy out New/never titled cars from insurance companies from flood/hurricane damaged areas that have been underwater and sell them as a "special purchase"...

never titled..new!!

I think the manufacturer would be interested in this.

Many have special arrangements with authorized dealers. A sketchy one could be really hosing up the other dealer's sales opportunities.

How would S&W know it was a used gun unless the previous owner registered that serial # with them for warranty purposes?

Back
Top Bottom