Universal Carbine insanity

Ok I don't usually get on my soap box about much but the prices for Universal "m1 carbines" is out of control. Paying $500+ for that rifle is crazy. Its not a M1carbine. Thats like calling a kit car a Ferrari. It may resemble one but its just not. When they were $200
it made a little sense. But posting one of these for AK money is ridiculous. Is it just me?
Try buying one with a cmp or any other gi markings your gona pay three times that..the "kits " are accurate replicas,and i use accurate lightly..even with the real ones they were for close quaters and never meant for any thing past 100yds,but iconic and reliable... speaking from shooting experiences only. just sayin

But the guy at at the gun show said it was a "sniper" version! The "Universal" mark was to throw off the Taliban if they found one.

Honest, He said he had nine tours in Afganiraq!

:p

I'm in agreement with Troy9749. I wouldn't own one personally. Those that have them and are satisfied with them great, but I stick with quality firearms that I can depend on. If you can get $500 for one it simply reproves what PT Barnum said all those years ago.

yes a gi carbine will run $800 and up but it will work and you can find parts for it. I just sold a Standrard Products carbine for $750 (import marked) and just bought a Wincherster for $850. Universals are considered the boat anchor of the carbine world.

If I remember right, the original universals were mix-masters of GI parts. That said, I wouldn't buy one, period.
They don't fill a purpose that something else doesn't fill better.

Isn't somebody making a new rendition now?

If I remember right, the original universals were mix-masters of GI parts. That said, I wouldn't buy one, period.
They don't fill a purpose that something else doesn't fill better.

Isn't somebody making a new rendition now?
yup

other than the niche being filled for collectors they dont do anything in particular super great

Back
Top Bottom