• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Untrusted Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the thread is about untrusted members, but I would like to make a statement as well since it has been bought up in here. I am a new member on here. I have met some other individuals at gun shows that visit outdoor trader, and traded a few times. when someone posts an item and say must have positive reputation to trade. Am I supposed to trade and buy a bunch of **** I dont want just to get positive feedback so I can trade or buy an item I want? I have noticed this with older individuals. Can we make a piss and vinegar section where if positive reputation is needed, then you submit your trade or sale into that section? In short terms how can I get reputation so traders who need it to feel comfortable will trade with me? normally this is required when higher end firearms trades or purchases are posted.
Its an age old question. " How do I get credit when I have no credit? " We all have been there. But in this situation you don't have to be buying. You could get plenty of positive feedback from selling or trading. And it aint gotta be expensive stuff like guns. Hell I bet maybe a 4th of my feedback score is from ammo cans and or toolkits. There's even some for mini fridges on there way back when.

If you're interested in something send a pm and use good communication. Meet near the seller even if you have to drive 2 hours. Most don't have an issue with noobs.
I've had more grief from people with all positive feed back than I have had with no feedbacks in general.

If it's not broke, dont fix it!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

It never ceases to amaze me how dudes with much higher positive feedback than me (and often more decades of experience) will still hit me with the "what's the lowest you'll take" or "what's your best price" on stuff I'm selling lmao

It never ceases to amaze me how dudes with much higher positive feedback than me (and often more decades of experience) will still hit me with the "what's the lowest you'll take" or "what's your best price" on stuff I'm selling lmao
Perhaps the name Outdoors Trader holds a clue.

Thank you for this- I've been trying to trade a mp9 for a 43 or 26 complete slide and have gotten very questionable replies from out of state. This will definitely help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom