• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Korean War Movie

Linachaw

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Milsurp Collector
99   0
Reaction score
There's a US Korean war movie called Devotion coming out in November. Hopefully its decent and isn't full of woke ideas. Here's the link to the trailer

There are roughly zero recent US movies on the Korean war because China doesn't want a movie depicting us fighting the good fight against their crazed brainwashed hordes. China has largely controlled Hollywood. China does not play movies that depict China in a bad light, the US military as good guys, and do not feature Chinese actors in it's theaters. If a movie is not played in China, it is missing out on a ton of money because China has such a large population, so many modern movies appease the Chinese so their films are eligible to be played in China and thus they make a lot more money. I'm glad Top Gun gave China the bird and had Taiwan's flag on Maverick's jacket. It was not played in China and was successful without those 9/11 celebrators. Fingers crossed Devotion is a good movie not influenced by China.

I'd bet a dollar most Americans don't know that during the Korean War we were fighting the Chinese for most of it. From an aviation standpoint, American pilots also had to contend with Russian adversaries. Crazy conflict and crazier still to be so ignored.

Can you imagine flying a prop driven plane against a jet??? And winning!!!! WOW, if that’s true, that has to be greatest air victory ever. Unbelievable, I have got to see this movie.

Can you imagine flying a prop driven plane against a jet??? And winning!!!! WOW, if that’s true, that has to be greatest air victory ever. Unbelievable, I have got to see this movie.
That wasn’t the last time a prop driven airplane shot down a Mig.
U.S. Army CPT Ken Lee piloting an OV-1 Mohawk in the 131st Nighthawks shot down a Mig 17 on the North/South Vietnam DMZ in 1967. Over 2 decades later I had the great honor of serving in the same unit, then assigned to the 4th ID Aviation Brigade.

That wasn’t the last time a prop driven airplane shot down a Mig.
U.S. Army CPT Ken Lee piloting an OV-1 Mohawk in the 131st Nighthawks shot down a Mig 17 on the North/South Vietnam DMZ in 1967. Over 2 decades later I had the great honor of serving in the same unit, then assigned to the 4th ID Aviation Brigade.

Was it an actual dog fight??? Well I guess you could call it that. I would have done the same thing. Throw everything I had at that mig. That was a hell of a story. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom