• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Thank you to all the fudd-tastic gun owners that celebrated this in their comments to the aft. This **** can EADAD as he made the number one spot for the aft’s gay ruling.

05A1D48E-4F07-4F90-A3D7-F6F2BEE286F8.jpeg

This is concerning as fu~k. It reads like there are no more form 1s on previously made pistols, period, after 120 days. So....stripped lowers only for Form 1s after that? And if you ask how will they know.....the S/N will tell them how it left the manufacturer.

You can still SBR a pistol, just like before. What they are saying is that you can't Form 1 a 'braced' pistol after 120 days because you already made an SBR without your NFA permission slip, and that's illegal.

Its not quite set yet, it is projected to be entered into the register sometime next week, so I guess anyone that was going to buy or sell should probably figure that out pretty quick.

Signed and dated 1/13/2023 by AG Garland on the last page.

Where are you seeing this in the final rule? The final rule amends the definition of a rifle, and does not adopt worksheet 4999. I can only find what you are referring to in the background and application of worksheet 4999.

It's in one of the 293 pages of legalese. Think about it though, how could they make buffer tubes 'illegal' without making AR pistols themselves illegal, which is a bridge too far (for now) even for them?

The section you are pointing out is only about determining the surface area taken into consideration for determining if a 'brace' is really a 'stock'.

Thank you to all the fudd-tastic gun owners that celebrated this in their comments to the aft. This **** can EADAD as he made the number one spot for the aft’s gay ruling.

View attachment 5209317

One kind of interesting thing is the part right before the comments section, where they give a breakdown of them.

Of the 230,000+ comments only 18,000 or so were for the rule, and the vast majority of those were identical form letters sent by a gun control group.

There were a lot of form letters from pro-2A groups too, but the individual comments dwarfed the total number of pro-rule comments if I remember right.

For all who submit to their overlords: make sure you rip those “come and take it”, Punisher skull, Gadsden Flag, etc stickers off of the back window of your F-150 when you get a chance.

Continue…
You literally just described a guys truck that lives a few houses down. Like spitting image lol

Buffer tubes are OK because they are required for the operation of the firearm.

No it's not that simple. It looks like it is dependent on the length of the buffer tube (a carbine tube does not appear to be allowed) as well as other factors such as the pistol could not have a magnified scope on it. Essentially if it can be used like a rifle in anyway, then it could be illegal, and it would be left to the discretion of the ATF.

The entire thing is a convoluted mess, and I don't see how it stands based on current court rulings. It looks like it's really meant to do two things.
  1. Add to their gun registry from all the folks who will submit for the "free" SBR until this is overturned.
  2. Hurt manufacturers. This is going to bankrupt a lot of small gun businesses in the short term.

View attachment 5209317

That’s some psych-ops right there. I wouldn’t believe a single word in that sentence.

“This completely made up person who’s a SF, Dev-gru, army sniper and ABSOLUTELY loves guns said in a comment that we didn’t delete that the ATF is the bestest and should take all peoples firearms who don’t have proper training.”

Respectfully

COL Sergeant Sucks M Balls

No it's not that simple. It looks like it is dependent on the length of the buffer tube (a carbine tube does not appear to be allowed) as well as other factors such as the pistol could not have a magnified scope on it. Essentially if it can be used like a rifle in anyway, then it could be illegal, and it would be left to the discretion of the ATF.

The entire thing is a convoluted mess, and I don't see how it stands based on current court rulings. It looks like it's really meant to do two things.
  1. Add to their gun registry from all the folks who will submit for the "free" SBR until this is overturned.
  2. Hurt manufacturers. This is going to bankrupt a lot of small gun businesses in the short term.

Correct... as I mentioned in my post before that, pistol tubes are explicitly called out as OK, but tubes with things like adjustment holes are not.

Not sure how much this will hurt small dealers, since I think they can return their braced things to the manufacturers.

Manufacturers will take a write-down on having to destroy these braces, as well as the labor and parts to 'remake' some of the guns so braces can't be fitted and they can be sold as pistols.

I would expect SB, Tailhook, etc. to go out of business, just like SlideFire did, which is the real end goal here. After all, braced pistols aren't an issue for ATF if no one makes braces anymore.

Don't do anything, this "rule" is NOT law as the Supreme Court has already stated. This is just another byethen administration gaffe, just like their student loan forgiveness.

The rule is signed and AFAIK in effect as of yesterday, so it's law and has be treated as such.

However I do agree that SCOTUS will probably step in now, since they already have a case with ATF overreach (bump stocks) that's got a conflict in two different circuits, something that pretty much requires them to look at it.

And the 120 day 'grace period' is pretty likely to get extended if any of the lawsuits being filed right now get some traction, so yeah I wouldn't rush out and cut up my braces.

Back
Top Bottom