**UPDATE** H.R.3799 - Hearing Protection Act of 2015

sc951

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
11/23/2015 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.
Type of Action: Committee Consideration
Action By: House Judiciary

10/22/2015 Referred to House Judiciary
Type of Action: Introduction and Referral
Action By: House of Representatives

10/22/2015 Referred to House Ways and Means

10/22/2015 Referred to the Committee on Ways and Means, and in addition to the Committee on the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

10/22/2015 Introduced in House

Bill Summary
Hearing Protection Act of 2015

This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code to: (1) eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm silencers, and (2) treat any person who acquires or possesses a firearm silencer as meeting any registration or licensing requirements of the National Firearms Act with respect to such silencer. Any person who pays a tax on a silencer after October 22, 2015 may receive a refund of such tax.

The bill amends the federal criminal code to preempt state or local laws that tax or regulate firearm silencers.

I mean really, if your life is in danger inside your home, why should your hearing be damaged protecting your family. Anyone inside an indoor range can attest to that downfall of firing a weapon under a roof, with walls and much vibration.

But the Dems would say Obama Care would fix your hearing damage :doh:

I think this is a good idea. If you have ever slipped your "ears" off inside a range, it's pretty damaging and can shock you. In a self defense situation this could cause someone not expecting it to freeze, be starteled,and loose concentration. Not good in a protect your family moment. Not to mention if you able to put on hearing protection (not likely) your family will loose hearing as well.

It would be one more incremental step in restoring a right stolen 80 years ago and prohibiting felony arrest for a victimless "crime".

Much of the public stigma surrounding "silencers" is baseless false misconceptions and promoted by biased anti-rights prohibitionist. That has changed significantly, through honest education and awareness. Public-civilians jumping through significant bureaucracy, submitting to illegal registration and paying an illegal poll tax to exercise a right are exponentially purchasing suppressors.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to demonize gun mufflers when the lack of crime, increased lawful military/soldier use, lawful hunting, recreational use and being more "green" reducing noise pollution and by effect reducing hearing damage.

Yep, it's becoming an ever increasing challenge to prohibit citizens from exercising rights and rights are being restored in most states.

I'd be delighted to see this pass, and I'd be out there, cash in hand, if it does. I doubt, in the current climate, it'll pass, I only hope I'm wrong.

All the antis have to do is conjure up an image of radicals sniping away 'silently' at the general public.

Blame the movies for, generally, presenting silencers as much more effective than they usually are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom