• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrades to the man room.

My cave used to be the living room...until my son came along. Now the room is always messy and I never get to listen to music or watch movies there...had to put a tv in the bedroom lol.

I built all the speakers, I run car stereo amps with dedicated power supplies and a 15" downfiring powered sub on a marble slab...the carpet would eat up all the bass.The tv is a 60".

Goes without saying I love my music and I love it loud!

20181002_171544.jpg
20181002_171559.jpg
20181002_171611.jpg
20181002_171620.jpg
20181002_171627.jpg

My wife is the decorator,all I do is build her ideas.Bedroom is native american, bathroom is gold mining theme,main basement of course is cowboy theme. Just waiting for our friend to finish painting clint eastwood on the barn door.
clint.jpg

C:\Users\ekeiser\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

My cave used to be the living room...until my son came along. Now the room is always messy and I never get to listen to music or watch movies there...had to put a tv in the bedroom lol.

I built all the speakers, I run car stereo amps with dedicated power supplies and a 15" downfiring powered sub on a marble slab...the carpet would eat up all the bass.The tv is a 60".

View attachment 1810149 View attachment 1810150 View attachment 1810151 View attachment 1810152 View attachment 1810153

Would like to watch a war movie on that rig.

View attachment 1810149 View attachment 1810150 View attachment 1810151 View attachment 1810152 View attachment 1810153
Awesome! Did you use PC power supplies? It's easy to get carried away building subs for a room!

Would like to watch a war movie on that rig.

I set that up bc I love music but I also wanted that theater sound for movies like that. It doesn't bother me that it's stereo sound instead of 7.1 or whatever the newest version is.

Awesome! Did you use PC power supplies? It's easy to get carried away building subs for a room!

I used 12V power supplies, you can see the on the left of the middle shelf. I think people use these for HAM radio? They're 20 amp, which should be plenty since the amps are only driving mids and highs.

The sub is a powered 15"...the funny thing about it is the soundwaves...in the living room the bass isn't super heavy but you can feel it...but if I go down the hall, the base gets a lot more intense and is rattling dishes in the kitchen and pictures on the wall. It's almost like the living room and hall are acting like a giant ported box.

I had originally planned to use the 15" only temporarily. I was going to build a slim design sub that uses a bunch of downfiring 6" or 8" drivers that would slide under the couch. But my son came along and I have kind of lost interest in that project over the years.

I set that up bc I love music but I also wanted that theater sound for movies like that. It doesn't bother me that it's stereo sound instead of 7.1 or whatever the newest version is.

I used 12V power supplies, you can see the on the left of the middle shelf. I think people use these for HAM radio? They're 20 amp, which should be plenty since the amps are only driving mids and highs.

The sub is a powered 15"...the funny thing about it is the soundwaves...in the living room the bass isn't super heavy but you can feel it...but if I go down the hall, the base gets a lot more intense and is rattling dishes in the kitchen and pictures on the wall. It's almost like the living room and hall are acting like a giant ported box.

I had originally planned to use the 15" only temporarily. I was going to build a slim design sub that uses a bunch of downfiring 6" or 8" drivers that would slide under the couch. But my son came along and I have kind of lost interest in that project over the years.
Love it! What amp did you use for your sub? I also know what you mean about the vibrations and shaking stuff off shelves in other rooms lol. Im sure before too long mine will be on basement duty collecting dust.

Back
Top Bottom