UPS stupid excuses.

I should show you some pictures of Fedex packages that arrive at my house. If you want to visualize. Pretend you kicked the package down the road from Texas to Georgia, and slept on the boxes at night, then resumed kicking them.
ive had 4 damage claims against them this year.
Get it insured. For more than its worth.

I should show you some pictures of Fedex packages that arrive at my house. If you want to visualize. Pretend you kicked the package down the road from Texas to Georgia, and slept on the boxes at night, then resumed kicking them.
ive had 4 damage claims against them this year.
Get it insured. For more than its worth.

So true. We get packages at work from UPS and FedEx. FedEx boxes looked like someone with a forklift played soccer with the box.

I had the same thing. A package of mine has been held up for bad weather in Atl since 2am Wed..

I use to load trucks for Fedex and speed was all that mattered. You have a conveyor belt bringing packages to the front of the truck and you better keep up. I used to come forward about 6-8 feet, use large, heavy square boxes to build a wall 2/3 of the way up and then throw everything small or slightly irregular behind the wall. I was probably the most gentle employee there.

s18.postimg.org_dj6k7pint_2014_02_26_07_28_20.jpg

s18.postimg.org_grb1kr4xl_2014_03_06_21_44_24.jpg

notice the fragile stickers... mostly we think that means: Play Soccer with this box.

all 4 of those boxes contents were broken. and 2 other orders. I now actively request, no fedex on anything remotely fragile.

When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.....FedEx or the United States Marines Corps!

Bag smashers honestly believe Fra-gi-le is French for destroy!!!

Don't forget that it is not just the vehicles, but the people inside of the facilities that unload and reload them also. I don't work for UPS; but I'm in 3PL and it takes everyone to make it work. That being said, I've I a few delays recently also on parts delivery. USPS can be even more fun trying to get your packages from.

I had a rush overnight package for a customer hit 2 hours away last night...got an email this morning something to the effect of "vehicle problems". Smh...so paid rush overnight to have it stuck 2 hours away since 6am.

The messed up part is, it made EXCELLENT time from St. Louis to south Atlanta.

s18.postimg.org_dj6k7pint_2014_02_26_07_28_20.jpg

s18.postimg.org_grb1kr4xl_2014_03_06_21_44_24.jpg

notice the fragile stickers... mostly we think that means: Play Soccer with this box.

all 4 of those boxes contents were broken. and 2 other orders. I now actively request, no fedex on anything remotely fragile.

Gotta love it. I used to work at the USPS data center in Memphis and we got to spend the day at the distribution center one time. I was stunned that most letters/packages make it undamaged. They had a room sorting packages... the sorters on one side, the lettered bins on the other and they would throw the packages across the room into the bins. Also, the letter sorter was shredding letters right and left... I picked up one from the floor that had the stamp ripped off, the guy working the machine said it would be returned for insufficient postage... doh.

I think it is getting worse everyday. We are building a house and my wife ordered some lighting fro Calif. So far, Fed Ex has delivered it twice. The first time the box was only slightly damaged but the item had a large piece of a corner broken. We repacked it and returned it. The second delivery was on Friday. The box was torn up. Did not even open it as you could hear the parts moving around inside. Called the company and explained either they get a new carried, package it to be dropped from a plane or keep sending the lighting until they get lucky. Acourse, I mailed a Mosin-Nagant M-44 one time. It had to travel about 150 miles across the state of Georgia, this gun fought in several wars, traveled halfway around the world to be broken into pieces by a dock worker of USPS. I uderstand breaking the wood on a Mosin (not really but for arguements sake) but how do you bend the barrel? The stock was shattered, dropped from a high place on the butt end at least once maybe more. Now, whatever I send it is marked fragile, with USPS I think the blue insurance stickers (over $200) mean they only throw it less than 10 feet. Sorry for my rant.

Back
Top Bottom