• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS rant!

My personal opinion is that it's usually just gun related or ammo related things that this happens with. Myself and my wife order things constantly. And I never seem to have issues with some goofy thing from Amazon but the second it's from a gun or ammo related company my packaged get lost in transit or simply don't show it my personal favorite show up opened with a few rounds missing or having been clearly gone through. Drives me insane.

My personal opinion is that it's usually just gun related or ammo related things that this happens with. Myself and my wife order things constantly. And I never seem to have issues with some goofy thing from Amazon but the second it's from a gun or ammo related company my packaged get lost in transit or simply don't show it my personal favorite show up opened with a few rounds missing or having been clearly gone through. Drives me insane.
I haven't had any issues with ammo shipments this year. But 2020-2022 was a crap shoot. I had one shipment of 200 rounds of .50 BMG. When it showed up, you could clearly see it was repackaged and re-labeled.
35 rounds missing....

Not a big deal if it was .22lr, but at the time, we were talking $4 a round.

Luckily I have really good quality security cameras and was able to take stills and provide video to to the vendor and UPS how it was delivered.

The vendor ended up sending me 50 rounds and had a nice word with UPS while I was on the line. It was beautiful.

A small package shipped to me (in Dahlonega) made a side trip to Disney World, then to Six Flags before arriving here.
What I really like is it was out for delivery at 6:23am today and delivered at 5:48pm. It was delivered to my PO box in the front of the post office, 30 feet from the back loading dock. (Musta taken the long was around the tables.)

1. Sep 1, 2023
    5:48pm
    AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP
    DAHLONEGA, GA 30533
  2. Sep 1, 2023
    6:23am
    OUT FOR DELIVERY
    DAHLONEGA, GA 30533
  3. Sep 1, 2023
    6:12am
    ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    DAHLONEGA, GA 30533
  4. Aug 31, 2023
    8:20pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION, 30369
  5. Aug 31, 2023
    5:40pm
    ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION, 30369
  6. Aug 31, 2023
    8:22am
    DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTIO, 32824
  7. Aug 30, 2023
    7:58pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTIO, 32824
  8. Aug 30, 2023
    12:00am
    In Transit to Next Facility

9. Aug 28, 2023
    4:08pm
    DEPART POST OFFICE
    MURPHYSBORO, IL 62966
  10. Aug 28, 2023
    7:48am
    USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
    MURPHYSBORO, IL 62966
  11. Aug 27, 2023
    3:38pm
    SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    CARBONDALE, IL 62901
  12. Aug 27, 2023
    1:39pm
    Tracking number provided

Early December 2022:

1-- I Mail my brother a Christmas card.
He gets near the end of January 2023.

2-- My realtor mails me a calendar.
It arrives in March, The package water stained and faded. It's been sitting in somebody's truck for months.

3-- I send a friendly motorcycle mechanic a gift card to a steakhouse. He never gets it- ever. Nor does it come back to me as undeliverable.

Then, in JULY OF 2023:

4-- I Mail a friend in Washington state certified letter containing a check. After three weeks I do the tracking search the post office can tell me absolutely nothing other than it made it from Cumming to Atlanta and disappeared there!
But.... finally he gets it six weeks later when it should be a four day trip! The envelope has been ripped open by mail processing equipment & the postal people taped it back together and delivered it after a month and a half.

5-- I Mail a small set of lost keys to their owner. I disassemble the key ring and tape all of the keys and the ring separately to a piece of cardboard. I put it all in a sturdy padded envelope and mail it off.
It never arrives, nor does it come back to me.
Oh, and I knew the guy who lost the keys. I'd found the keys by looking in the area he asked me to search. And I double confirmed the address I was mailing it to was correct.

U.S. Postal Service sucks.

I told my buddy other day, they probably got the feds ****ing with people's packages... my wife orders **** all the time and never has a problem but low and behold a Midway or some firearm company package disappears like a fart in the wind

I told my buddy other day, they probably got the feds ****ing with people's packages... my wife orders **** all the time and never has a problem but low and behold a Midway or some firearm company package disappears like a fart in the wind
It's not the feds. It's the sticky fingered low income hood rats that work for the carriers. They know where a package is being sent from. Doesn't make it hard for them to make it disappear conveniently.

Ye
Early December 2022:

1-- I Mail my brother a Christmas card.
He gets near the end of January 2023.

2-- My realtor mails me a calendar.
It arrives in March, The package water stained and faded. It's been sitting in somebody's truck for months.

3-- I send a friendly motorcycle mechanic a gift card to a steakhouse. He never gets it- ever. Nor does it come back to me as undeliverable.

Then, in JULY OF 2023:

4-- I Mail a friend in Washington state certified letter containing a check. After three weeks I do the tracking search the post office can tell me absolutely nothing other than it made it from Cumming to Atlanta and disappeared there!
But.... finally he gets it six weeks later when it should be a four day trip! The envelope has been ripped open by mail processing equipment & the postal people taped it back together and delivered it after a month and a half.

5-- I Mail a small set of lost keys to their owner. I disassemble the key ring and tape all of the keys and the ring separately to a piece of cardboard. I put it all in a sturdy padded envelope and mail it off.
It never arrives, nor does it come back to me.
Oh, and I knew the guy who lost the keys. I'd found the keys by looking in the area he asked me to search. And I double confirmed the address I was mailing it to was correct.

U.S. Postal Service sucks.
ah I agree that they suck just as a general rule. But I'm my personal experience it seems like it's 5 times worse the second it's coming from a gun or ammo company. But that's just my personal experiences.

It's not the feds. It's the sticky fingered low income hood rats that work for the carriers. They know where a package is being sent from. Doesn't make it hard for them to make it disappear conveniently.

Thieving low life's that should be dragged around 285 behind the delivery truck. I don't order ammo for delivery anymore it has become too damn aggravating.

Oh, wait, there's the problem.

All y'all tracking your shipments.

Not me.

I order something then forget it. That way when (if) it arrives, it's like a surprise.

Life's much happier this way.

And I need all the happy I can get.

I've never had a problem with them. Where I am at it's usually UPS that fowls up. USPS is consistent and it shows up at my Post office box religiously. I imagine there will be an odd problem every now and then but over all fairly consistent. FedEx is spot on 99% of the time. USPS is 2nd and UPS is dead last.

Back
Top Bottom