• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UTV opinions

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
216   0
Reaction score
My wife wants one of those driveable 4 wheel utility vehicles. We live out of town on 28 ac. with miles of dirt roads around us. Some people have boosted golf carts, etc but she has fallen in love with the Kubota UTV. Dang they are pricey but I have a Kubota tractor and would not trade it for any other. I know the Gator, Rhino etc are out there what are the opinions of what is best. Price, durabilty, comfort etc. It will be used a little in the woods but not any major mud or terrian. I have already nixed the a/c and enclosed as too much junk. Mainly to haul around the yard, get the mail, maybe hunt a little. Thanks

Polaris owns the market currently. Rhino's are very nice pieces of equipment. Honda has the Big Red which did not sell at all up against the Rhino and i am willing to bet you could find a used one for relatively cheap. I want a Kubota tractor and a finish mower to cut the grass around my house...all 1/8 of an acre of it so i am biased there.

+1 for Polaris. Kubota makes a very good tractor and a decent utv but they are slow and heavy.
I would recommend the polaris 400 or 500. They are quite, light weight, easy to operate. Good for checking the mailbox, hauling wood, going to visit the neighbors, hunting, mudding and anything else you can think of. Save the tractor for the heavy stuff and with money you save over a big utv you can deck out the smaller Polaris with all the goodies.

My aunt has one of the diesel Kubota's, and I will say they're nice, however the engine is a little underpowered for the weight. Test drive a few to see what you like before you buy.

I have a 2009 Polaris Ranger XP 700. It has been a real workhorse. I have moved more than 30 tons of cement chunks to fill in an eroded creek bed and used it as a daily driver for hauling firewood and brush and carrying a large capacity sprayer. I have had it our on the trails and it kept up with can-am commander all day long. Other than oil changes, filters, and replacing a battery it has been maintenance free.

I have a 2011 Polaris 800 Ranger that is like the energizer bunny..It will tow 2,000 lbs carry 1,500lbs in bed 3 different drive modes. Has been great for me

I have owned Polaris Ranger ,Razor ,Yamaha Rhino been happy with them and they both have preformed very well.Bought a Kawasaki Teryx and it is more creature friendly have put it every where that Polaris has been 0 issues so far.Some places have a test track that sells UTV,s get someone to demo some.The Kubotas are nice and imo are mainly for the farm and work serious machine there.

my neighbor has a polaris ranger 700,in the past three years we have hauled countless tons of broken concrete and dirt ,loaded with a mini bobcat to build several drainage projects on land we share.I am a grading contractor and have treated that buggy like a piece of
heavy equipement and it has always delivered!!!I would recommend the polaris to anyone as i have put it to the Test and it passed with an A+! Good luck with your choice.

Back
Top Bottom