Valdosta Academy Sports

dawgs511

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
Was just in Academy Sports in Valdosta on my way to jacksonville for GA/FL tomorrow. They had a TON of ammo. More ammo than I've seen in a long time up around Atlanta. Tons of monarch .223 soft points for 8.99 a box. Tula .223 (didnt have a price tag), Federal 556 for $9.99 a box. Tons of 7.62 of all different kinds. 9mm, .40, and .45 all kinds of different hollow points and plenty of FMJ ammo for .40 and .45. I believe I saw tula .45 for $17 a box. Ended up leaving with a box of the new Barnes TAC-XPD in .40. They also had it for 9mm and 380. Not really a "steals" but definitely an "instock and there if you need/want it" post.

What I don't get is the price difference. The monarch here has been $8.99 a box as well as the one in Hiram. But my friend in Texas was able to buy the same ammo for $6.50 a box in Texas last month.
If I recall correctly, it's because they are boxed for Academy & distributed from TX. Check the small print on a Monarch box

Edit:
Correction on the Monarch - The brass cased is made by PPU in Serbia and the steel jacketed ammo is made by Barnaul in Russia

I have noticed that too. Academy box, but Privi Partizan in the fine print. Nothing wrong with that ammo (that I know of) but just repackaged.

I agree-their prices are nothing to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom