• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value Guide for used guns….

JimmyJet

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
There are published value guides for used cars, used boats, used airplanes, other used equipment but I am unable to locate anything related to firearms. Does anything like this exist?

My cousin is going to ship a Winchester Arms 9422M (22Magnum) lever gun with scope to me that belonged to her dad which Winchester says was manufactured in 1975…. the rifle is like brand new (I’ve seen/held it) and I want to insure it in shipping but short of finding similar 9422s posted for sale on GunBroker, have nothing else to suggest or support what it may be worth….

Is there another means of making that determination?

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truegunvalue.com will give you a general idea on the value of alot of guns but couldnt find anything on that model. I am more inclined to use gunbroker prices myself to see what used guns are going for. Best of luck

Yes there are books. Most carriers have a certain amount they automatically insure for. Does the rifle still have the box and papers with it? I just looked it up, my book will have a conservative number on it. I think an insured number would be between $1000-1250

Yes there are books. Most carriers have a certain amount they automatically insure for. Does the rifle still have the box and papers with it? I just looked it up, my book will have a conservative number on it. I think an insured number would be between $1000-1250

Yeah…. that seems to agree with most of the info I could find…. anywhere from $1000-$1500 for the "Magnum" version above the 22LR…. they seem to be more in the $800-$900 range…. my cousin doesn’t have the box or docs for the gun…. I guess people didn’t hold onto that stuff before the 1990s….

And I’d consider this firearm to be "#1 condition" if they would be graded like other things….

tree fiddy.jpg

Yeah…. that seems to agree with most of the info I could find…. anywhere from $1000-$1500 for the "Magnum" version above the 22LR…. they seem to be more in the $800-$900 range…. my cousin doesn’t have the box or docs for the gun…. I guess people didn’t hold onto that stuff before the 1990s….

And I’d consider this firearm to be "#1 condition" if they would be graded like other things….

The estimate I gave you I felt was full retail for insurance purposes. And no, hardly anyone keeps box or docs. You'll have a nice gem when you get it.

From True Gun Values...

WHAT IS A WINCHESTER 9422M RIFLE WORTH?

A WINCHESTER 9422M rifle is currently worth an average price of $1,346.49 new and $1,252.39 used . The 12 month average price is $1,346.49 new and $1,132.08 used.

The new value of a WINCHESTER 9422M rifle has fallen ($191.93) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,346.49 . The used value of a WINCHESTER 9422M rifle has risen $144.37 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,252.39 .

The demand of new WINCHESTER 9422M rifle's has fallen 5 units over the past 12 months. The demand of used WINCHESTER 9422M rifle's has risen 18 units over the past 12 months.

ESTIMATED VALUE*Using 80% condition for calculating used Values.
*Caliber, Barrel Length, Generations, Sub Models may all affect item price. Make sure your search is specific enough to get the correct value. UsedNewTrade In$814.06$875.22Private Party$1,252.39$1,346.49

Back
Top Bottom