• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vanilla cover scent?

Works with pure Vanilla extract, not Artificial.
This^^^
Also here is a picture of the results
image.jpg

The Nose Jammer spray smells a lot like vanilla. I have heard that licorice is a good attractant. So get a few of those black twists and start chewing and spitting.

Deer are curious so they'll sniff around it, but deer won't be following you to the car so you can load them up easier after you pop em.

After I get my deer for the season, I like to experiment with calls and scents. The best thing I've ever seen work is a fawn distress call.

Oh and the below if you're gonna try it.

Works with pure Vanilla extract, not Artificial.

Last edited:
I use pure extract. I put on cotton balls and stick them on branches ten to twenty yards around my stand. I have had deer go up to the tree and smell the cotton balls. That made the shots easy. It works for bear also.

I have never used it but have heard about it all my life. Just like smoking my clothes. I have killed plenty of deer after smoking my camo, but not everyone does this either. It works. Wood smoke is a natural smell to deer. My normal routine is being as scent free as I can be. Noise free, scent free. Calls work sometimes, scents work sometimes. Nothing works all the time. My style of hunting is old school and believe in not attracting any attention to myself. I was taught by old timers. In have used doe pee effectively, but I only use it at certain times of the season, same with calls. I use them very sparingly.

I have never used it but have heard about it all my life. Just like smoking my clothes. I have killed plenty of deer after smoking my camo, but not everyone does this either. It works. Wood smoke is a natural smell to deer. My normal routine is being as scent free as I can be. Noise free, scent free. Calls work sometimes, scents work sometimes. Nothing works all the time. My style of hunting is old school and believe in not attracting any attention to myself. I was taught by old timers. In have used doe pee effectively, but I only use it at certain times of the season, same with calls. I use them very sparingly.

What's the process you use to smoke your camo? I've used vanilla. It's a curiosity attractant. Like most attractants, it's hit or miss. Guaranteed to get you some yellow jackets though. Don't put it on your boots;)