Vectan BA-9 powder?

59gagohunt3

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here can help me with this. Somewhere here I've got some Vectan BA-9 powder. I bought 4# of it a while back to use in place of Unique that I could not find. I planned on using it in my 30-30's with my cast 150gr and 170gr bullets. Like I used the Unique for. But again I'm running out of Unique so again I'm searching for published data. I've searched again but still can't come up with anything. I don't have any place else that I know to look. If anyone can help me find data on this powder with my application I would be forever in your debt. A while back I actually traded 2# of it to someone for 1# of Unique. I don't want to do that again. Anyway thanks for your time and any help you can provide.

Looking at Vectan’s burn rate chart, which is available on the GrafsandSons web sight, Ba9 is the same or close to the same as Unique. Why not just try your Unique load data with the Ba9? You are probably shooting well under the max pressure allowed if you are shooting cast bullets. Maybe a slight reduction in powder weight to start with.

Looking at Vectan’s burn rate chart, which is available on the GrafsandSons web sight, Ba9 is the same or close to the same as Unique. Why not just try your Unique load data with the Ba9? You are probably shooting well under the max pressure allowed if you are shooting cast bullets. Maybe a slight reduction in powder weight to start with.
I could do that. Actually now that I think about it (after much searching on the internet) the BA-9 is one of only 2 powders close to Unique that I've been able to find IN-STOCK. If I get lucky and it works for me then I'd be set on powder for many guns that I reload for. I have found another possible option...I have located some BR-5 ex-military powder that's also supposedly close to Unique in burn rate. That may be another option for me.

Back
Top Bottom