verbal contract.......

Swampbogger

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
Read this on another forum...look over the gramatical errors, interesting.

I think this should be a sticky note for awhile. It might save some one some trouble in the future.

A long story short. I had a friend that agreed to trade a hand gun for a rifle. They agreed to the deal threw texting and set a time up to meet. The guy waited on my friend for almost a hour before he left. He then called my friend and asked where he was at, then my friend told him that he forgot to tell him that he was backing out of their deal, and was trading the gun to some one else.

They guy told him that they made a deal and that he expected him to keep up his end of the bargain, but my friend did not. The police came to his house with a warrant for his arrest, because he was in possession of stolen property. They did not want to arrest him at that time, because they knew he really did not know what he was getting into, so they told him to come down there that day or no later than the next, or they would have to arrest him, because t...hey really just wanted to discuss this matter with him first and make him aware of how the laws are written for what was done.

My friend had to go get the gun back from the guy he traded it too, because he was then in possession of stolen property his self. Then my friend had to turn around and follow threw with the orginal deal he made with the guy the first time.

If you verbally agree with someone and their is a witness, it is legally binding in the state of GA. If you text a deal with some one it is the same thing. It is a binding agreement between to parties and is valid in the state of GA.

So the next time you agree with some one, know that it is binding and you cannot back out of it if the other person chooses to follow threw with the deal threw the courts.

A side note to this, is that the man said he would have not took it so far and personal, if he would have just called and said he changed his mind and did not have to wait a hour and drive 35 minutes just to get dumped on.

Sounds like the friend is an a hole and the guy he was dealing was too. Or this is just BS backing out of a trade or sale is not illegal. Soif your at Walmart and something in your cart and put it back you should go to jail?

There's alot of details missing, first of all, breaching a verbal contract dosen't mean you're in possession of stolen property, it's a civil matter, the police would never have done this.

So I would have met the guy and said the rifle was just not what I expected there is no way they is illegal.....................

Back
Top Bottom