VERRY ODD QUESTION

So, would a crossbow be legal? Even the cheap ones with an inexpensive optic should be fine to stick a yote in the chest at 50 yards. And if you save the box and paperwork and keep the crossbow in good condition, when you're done using it for predator elimination you can sell it and get most of your money back out of it.

I shoot squirrels and racoons in my back yard . I use CCI 22 quiets out to 40 yards +/- out of a 22 inch barrel Marlin. The rifle click and the thump hitting the animal is louder than the bullet going off.

Anything bigger or a longer shot I use a CCI 22 short copper plated hollow point out of a 24 inch barrel Marlin. It is a 27 grain bullet going 1105fps and you hear a "pop" not loud enough to notice . It is a varmint load and is a nasty hard hitting little round.

I shoot squirrels and racoons in my back yard . I use CCI 22 quiets out to 40 yards +/- out of a 22 inch barrel Marlin. The rifle click and the thump hitting the animal is louder than the bullet going off.

Anything bigger or a longer shot I use a CCI 22 short copper plated hollow point out of a 24 inch barrel Marlin. It is a 27 grain bullet going 1105fps and you hear a "pop" not loud enough to notice . It is a varmint load and is a nasty hard hitting little round.
For squirrels I've always thought about the Aguila Colibri quiets I have that are just "primer-only" with a smaller length slug...... They are really quiet and they shoot nice at relatively short distances...

For squirrels I've always thought about the Aguila Colibri quiets I have that are just "primer-only" with a smaller length slug...... They are really quiet and they shoot nice at relatively short distances...

I have shot those too but not out of a rifle. I tried to use them to put down a squirrel I caught in a live animal cage trap. I shot it three times out of 2 inch barrel revolver and it was inhumane. I went back to using the Remington Golden bullet high velocity shorts.

Back
Top Bottom