• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterans Lifetime License Holders

I retired sometime in 2005 and don't remember exactly when.
I simply took my DD 214 (and a $400 check) to the local DNR office, which for me was in Gainesville.
I didn't have any issues, and I'm sorry to read that it is becoming a challenge in your case.
Just remember that you're dealing with a government beaurocracy: you are expexted to be patient and have a few roadblocks thrown in front of you :(
I hate mailing stuff. So when you went in person did you get you license that day?

I hate mailing stuff. So when you went in person did you get you license that day?
Yes sir, I did.
But that is not always the case; I've learned to wear my "patient panties" every time that I have to visit a government office. :)

I seem to recall mailing copies of all my junk in with a $400 personal check but its been several years ago.
I also opted for the "hard credit card" version for a nominal extra fee and it has held up well being compressed between my ass and the seat in my wallet.

Sadly a DD-214 is not good enough, discharged honorably in1989, still not good enough, I need a hunter education course? Dang I got through basic, qualified expert, and then as a crew member in the door but I need more training? OK, rant is over......ugh

hey, I just moved to the state last summer, I sent my dd214, copy of GA license in the mail, 400.00 and had the lifetime hard copies back in about 10 days. I didn't have any issues at all. I did take the time and scroll through the stupid hunter ed course, matter of fact i had my 11 year old daughter do a good portion of it..so i could get the certificate number...LOL

Back
Top Bottom