• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterans Lifetime License Holders

I meant for the hunting license. Sorry about that.
Look in the new 2015 hunting regs. booklet. You can pick them up at Wally World and some conv. stores. There's a checklist of what to send and an address I think that is in Social Circle if I remember correctly. Hope that helps brother! :)

Look in the new 2015 hunting regs. booklet. You can pick them up at Wally World and some conv. stores. There's a checklist of what to send and an address I think that is in Social Circle if I remember correctly. Hope that helps brother! :)
Thank you kindly sir

Tried to get mine the year before last. Bastards said my DD-214 was incomplete. Told them Uncle Sam gave it to me and it was the only one I had. I just sent off to Federal Archives in St. Louis for an "official" copy. We'll see how that goes. Date of discharge should have ZERO bearing on whether you can get a Veteran's license!
I agree with you, but the law apparently reads "all veterans discharged after July 1, 2005."

When did you get out & where did you go to Get it?
I retired sometime in 2005 and don't remember exactly when.
I simply took my DD 214 (and a $400 check) to the local DNR office, which for me was in Gainesville.
I didn't have any issues, and I'm sorry to read that it is becoming a challenge in your case.
Just remember that you're dealing with a government beaurocracy: you are expexted to be patient and have a few roadblocks thrown in front of you :(

FREE LICENSE FOR RETURNING GEORGIA VETERANS (one time only): A one year (from date of issuance) Honorary License is available free of charge one time to Georgia resident military veterans that were on active duty for 90 or more consecutive days and who were honorably discharged on or after July 1, 2005. Such veterans may obtain this license by providing a copy of their DD Form 214 and a completed DNR application. Applications may be obtained on the web at gohuntgeorgia.com, by visiting any WRD office including the License Unit at 2065 Hwy 278 SE, Social Circle, GA 30025, or by calling 1-800-366-2661.

TO BUY A ONE-TIME LIFETIME LICENSE - Veterans - $400, Special restrictions apply. Visit gohuntgeorgia.com or call 1.800.366.2661 for instructions and more information

Right, the lifetime is what I am after not the honorary one year that specifies 2005 or more recently discharged. Called the number as stated above, talked to two different people neither of which seemed to sure about it. Boy, they will make you work for that $100 break.

Veterans: (Honorably Discharged Only)  Copy of Picture ID (choose one): Current GA Driver’s License or Georgia ID Card issued by Department of Driver Services (not including a GA Driver’s License or Georgia ID Card issued pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-21.1 - temporary license) AND  Copy of DD 214: providing satisfactory evidence that applicant served more than 90 days of federal active duty military service and was honorably discharged AND  Copy of Hunter Education Card: required if ages 16 thru 25; only number required if age 26 or older and born on/after 01/01/1961. Include the State where Hunter Education was acquired.

Back
Top Bottom