• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterans Lifetime License Holders

hops2899

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
117   0
Reaction score
I just spoke to two different individuals at WRD and got two different answers. First person stated that I was discharged too long ago to rate a veterans lifetime, that it was only for veterans discharged after 2005. From what I read, this is only true for the free year license. Second person sounded confused and said, "Uh, I think a DD-214 and current license should suffice but I am not sure.". So can any of my fellow vets enlighten me as to what I need to provide the state to get my license?

I got mine with a DD 214. No problems.
The DNR website should answer your specific questions.

Tried to get mine the year before last. Bastards said my DD-214 was incomplete. Told them Uncle Sam gave it to me and it was the only one I had. I just sent off to Federal Archives in St. Louis for an "official" copy. We'll see how that goes. Date of discharge should have ZERO bearing on whether you can get a Veteran's license!

Where did you go to apply for it?
I googled "lost DD-214" or "replacement military forms" or something like that. Friend of mine told me last week that he just went to the local VA office and they whipped up one for him pronto! That's my next option if I don't hear back from St. Louis soon.

I googled "lost DD-214" or "replacement military forms" or something like that. Friend of mine told me last week that he just went to the local VA office and they whipped up one for him pronto! That's my next option if I don't hear back from St. Louis soon.
I meant for the hunting license. Sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom