• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Video proof open carry is a bad idea?

"I hate when I'm on the bike and my shirt rides up. On the the highway I dont mind but on the streets, in traffic I feel very conscientious about it."

I was coming north just about out of Fla on my bike when traffic all but stopped for a wreck...I was slowly passing a female hiway patrol standing at the scene when she pointed at my hip, and said FIRMLY "Cover it up"...I hadn't noticed my jacket had ridden up on my holster...

This is why I open carry with this setup only! No way they are gonna sneak up and take it!
Holstervault_key_2.jpg
Now that's safe!!!

What a dumb@$$... Open carry serves no good purpose AT ALL.

Anti gunners would say guns have no purpose at all. Stop being a divider and let as many people as possible responsibly own and carry guns. That gun snatcher has BALLS... Lessons not to judge open carry but have a good retention holster better situational awareness and a friend with a gun.

... Stop being a divider and let as many people as possible responsibly own and carry guns...

Responsible? You mean like the guy in the video? Name one good thing that comes from open carry...

It makes many people uncomfortable, it feeds anti-gunner rhetoric, it alerts a bad guy that you're armed (and you'll be the first to get disarmed or shot), and it generally makes the carrier look like a douche cop wanna be. I support responsible gun ownership - open carry is not responsible gun ownership in my opinion. If you're on your ranch/farm/forest/hunting lease, it serves a purpose. If you're in McDonald's, it's stupid.

Anti gunners would say guns have no purpose at all. Stop being a divider and let as many people as possible responsibly own and carry guns. That gun snatcher has BALLS... Lessons not to judge open carry but have a good retention holster better situational awareness and a friend with a gun.
Unless they intend to carry a duty grade holster, there isn't much out there as far as weapon retention goes for an open carrier. A plastic button or leather strap/snap just doesn't cut it. Open carriers need to spend at least as much time training/practicing physical weapon retention as they do marksmanship. Based on the physical condition of most open carriers I see, I would hazard to guess they don't. If one is going to open carry, fighting off a attempted weapon grab is one's responsibility....Period. As always, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom