Visit to Skyjacker Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Though I imagine OS would have been notified and had to handover IP addresses or something at a minimum for the ATF to even know who 'Patryn' is.

LOL, they could find out who he was and what his favorite flavor of icecream was in half the time it took me to type this if they wanted to.

I agree. Though I imagine OS would have been notified and had to handover IP addresses or something at a minimum for the ATF to even know who 'Patryn' is.

I don't think IP addresses would have/are necessary. He was pretty vocal about who he was and where he worked.

If he had listed his name, etc. in a thread, I agree. If he didn't do that, why do you think it's so easy for them to know? Serious question.
I believe he's on the vacation, or just burnt out myself. :)

But, at the least, the amount of data tied to hardware fingerprinting, Google ID (you have one whether you're a google customer or not), and the basic structure of content on the internet itself makes you pretty identifiable with a minimal effort. Every transaction at a major retailer is tied back to your home address (with high confidence) and that data is sold every day by Datalogix, Experian, et.al. <Ad vendors can do that in aggregate.

Anyone with real software, and a warrant, could do something deeper fairly easily. The sheer amount of data stored and logged these days is staggering. If you're on the internet, tons of data is available from "white hat" sources. "Black hat" folks have even more options, without aggregated data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom