• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vortex PST VS. Nightforce

Scars are brutal on optics because of their recoil wave/pulse is passed directly onto the mounted optic.
NF is in a class higher than the Vortex although I would think that Vortex has been around long enough, that their designs are proven. NF just has slightly clearer glass and better build quality. Another name to throw in the mix would be SHMIDT and BENDER. The Short Dot I use on my SCAR makes my buddies drool. It did make my wallet cry.....but well worth the quality and accolades from my fellow shooting folk.
It also helps to mention that your personal vision comes into play with any scope. 20/20 no astigmatism certainly helps....

Scars are brutal on optics because of their recoil wave/pulse is passed directly onto the mounted optic.
NF is in a class higher than the Vortex although I would think that Vortex has been around long enough, that their designs are proven. NF just has slightly clearer glass and better build quality. Another name to throw in the mix would be SHMIDT and BENDER. The Short Dot I use on my SCAR makes my buddies drool. It did make my wallet cry.....but well worth the quality and accolades from my fellow shooting folk.
It also helps to mention that your personal vision comes into play with any scope. 20/20 no astigmatism certainly helps....
Looking for some glass to put on my SCAR 17 for some long range shooting

Looking for some glass to put on my SCAR 17 for some long range shooting

I have two Scar17’s, a 13” SBR and a 16”. Them being tough on accessories is true.
Mine have broken:
1-4 millet scope
1-4 vortex
2.5-10 vortex
2 inforce weapon lights
A pocket stream light in a Frank proctor mount

What has worked for me:
Elcan 1-4
Nightforce 1-4
Nightforce 3.5-15nxs
Acog
Trijicon SRS
Trijicon IR hunter 60mm
Surefire lights
Vortex 1-6 ( the bronze colored one)

The scar is a light recoiling gun for a .308 but the issue is the massive bolt carrier slamming forward. Just because the optic says rated for .308 doesn’t mean it’s SCAR17 rated. The good news is the scar17!is forcing accessory makers to up their game. Steiner now test all new lasers to scar17 survivability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two Scar17’s, a 13” SBR and a 16”. Them being tough on accessories is true.
Mine have broken:
1-4 millet scope
1-4 vortex
2.5-10 vortex
2 inforce weapon lights
A pocket stream light in a Frank proctor mount

What has worked for me:
Elcan 1-4
Nightforce 1-4
Nightforce 3.5-15nxs
Acog
Trijicon SRS
Trijicon IR hunter 60mm
Surefire lights
Vortex 1-6 ( the bronze colored one)

The scar is a light recoiling gun for a .308 but the issue is the massive bolt carrier slamming forward. Just because the optic says rated for .308 doesn’t mean it’s SCAR17 rated. The good news is the scar17!is forcing accessory makers to up their game. Steiner now test all new lasers to scar17 survivability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom