• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now the bill is back on the shelf till they think they have support to pass it, all that needs to happen is another Sandy Hook or the Dems take take control of the house and Senate in 2014. We did win this battle but the fight is not over!

So the whole thing got shot down? Even though they voted in favor of one or two amendments they are not going to try and push through the original bill is that correct?
I suspect it's Reid's call to bring up for a vote or not but I'm not positive. He did leave his option open on the background checks with his no vote. If it's brought up with just the 2 amendments, both sides can pick and choose what they want to accuse the other side of when it fails (and it WILL fail) and try and play it to their advantage. Even though the dems will win the publicity stunt (they always do) I still can't believe Reid would bother with the current debacle at this point. It's just more slapping in his face. Of course he's never acted logically before sooooo.....

I suspect it's Reid's call to bring up for a vote or not but I'm not positive. He did leave his option open on the background checks with his no vote. If it's brought up with just the 2 amendments, both sides can pick and choose what they want to accuse the other side of when it fails (and it WILL fail) and try and play it to their advantage. Even though the dems will win the publicity stunt (they always do) I still can't believe Reid would bother with the current debacle at this point. It's just more slapping in his face. Of course he's never acted logically before sooooo.....

Maybe they will let it die then.

Maybe they will let it die then.
Ha! Wanna' bet? :mad: Whether it's THIS particular bill or not, the agenda obviously will not stop. God help us if we have another gun self animate itself and jump out of someone's safe and kill more kids....
What's really going to happen now, is the next time something happens (and of course it will) they will strike harder and a LOT faster, before sanity has any chance of regaining a presence. I promise you, their only regret is not pushing this within the first 30 days of Sandy Hook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom