Wabbits: how do you keep them out of your garden?

I bet ***** could do an executive order...edit:.WOW DID I SAY A BAD WORD?

We used to have a large garden and our big overgrown cat kept the rabbits down. Damn cat used to jump on my back when I picked greenbeans...scared hell out of me. But
he was a good rabiteer.

Dunk's suggestion is the way to go.

I had four tree rats getting into my attic this winter. Since I live in a development .22lr is a no go. Picked up a high velocity pellet rifle for 100 bones at Wally World. Dialed in the scope and camped out after dinner in the late afternoons. I played the role of old Whitefeather and my son played the role of spotter. Took me a couple of weeks but I killed them.

There's a reason they call it "multiplying like rabbits".

Rabbits breed 5+ times per year and have 4-5 in each litter. That's a lot of wabbits.

Interestingly, 80%of the rabbit population is killed each year.

There's a reason they call it "multiplying like rabbits".

Rabbits breed 5+ times per year and have 4-5 in each litter. That's a lot of wabbits.

Interestingly, 80%of the rabbit population is killed each year.

LOL, good for you that they sell 250 round packs of pellets for around $3. By September you should have about 220 left hahahahahaha.

Grandma used to boil a big pot of water and put hot peppers in it. When it cooled, she poured the water on her vegetables. Of course, it has to be repeated after rain. Worked in Mo. and we had LOTS of rabbits.

I have a 3' rabit fence around my entire garden, but I added chicken wire all the way around to keep the baby rabbits out. I still have issues with the F'n Chipmunks every once in a while. I also have a Greyhound that has killed many rabbits outside the garden but she's getting old and losing interest. Might need to pick up another rescue to pick up the slack.

Back
Top Bottom