• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wall mounted rifle display I just built for an ODT member to put his M1 Garand in

What do I think? I think .... how much would it cost to have you build one almost like this for me? :D

My experience is normally with refinishing and repairing antique furniture from the mid 1700's to mid 1900s and this is the first rifle display I have built. I built it completely from scratch out of Aspen, oak and pine. The back board is pine. The front is optical plexiglass built into the frame. I mixed up my own color to get this stain shade. I still have to build the support to hang it on the wall with. That will be a hardwood board the length of this display with a 45 degree bevel and then a separate board with a 45 degree bevel that will mount on the wall. Then he can simply mate up the 2 45 degree angles and it's hung and very sturdy.

What do you guys think?

Pictures of rifle case with rifle now in it. Thanks guys!

M-1Garand-1.jpgM-1Garand-2.jpgM-1Garand-3.jpg

Sorry it took so long to post these pics up! I have been very busy working and quiting one unstable job for what I thought and was told was a permanent position up in Marietta and after 4 1/2 months I am now told I am being laid off. It's all good though and thanks for all the positive comments.

John

Back
Top Bottom