• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart Banned for life. (merged threads)

I really don't understand why anyone would choose to open carry. It puts a target on your back...literally. If a bad guy wants to shoot up a store then YOU will be his first target.

Reminds me of the fool in Dahlonega with a .50 DE on his hip. Walking around talking loud and bragging about his "hand cannon". If a bad guy came in, then mr blowhard would be the first to go while he was turned around shopping for some tight shirts or Salt Life stickers.

As for Walmart it's very simple. Don't like it? Don't go there.

I have not been in a Wally World for years and recently tried shopping at one. What a painful experience, unorganized, messy, nobody around to help you, 2 cashiers and 20 self checkout lanes. The woman in front of me had problems scanning a item and there was no one to assist her. Wal-Mart is no go for me.

Stop being obtuse, Bear. You said that a company doesn't have a legal obligation and that signs don't carry the weight of law. You were wrong, and they can.
No, seriously. How can a sign posted by a company have the weight of law? Maybe no trespassing signs posted correctly can make a first contact on the property criminal trespass, but I don't see how a "No Guns" sign posted by them can make it illegal to carry a gun when it otherwise would be legal. Does Tennessee law make it legal for them to arbitrarily make new law?

I have often argued that a private company or individual can make whatever rules they want for their property and it you don't like them you have to leave when asked or commit the crime of criminal trespass if you don't, but they can't change the law with a sign.

No, seriously. How can a sign posted by a company have the weight of law? Maybe no trespassing signs posted correctly can make a first contact on the property criminal trespass, but I don't see how a "No Guns" sign posted by them can make it illegal to carry a gun when it otherwise would be. Does Tennessee law make it legal for them to arbitrarily make it illegal?

In Tennessee carrying, even concealed, is against the law if a sign is posted at a business.

I was leaving Alpharetta WM a couple weeks ago. Had grocery bags in both hands. When the lady at the door asked for my receipt, I told her it was in one of my front pockets. I forgot which, so she might have to check both. She just rolled her eyes and moved on.
The same thing happened to me in Roswell last week except I wasn't as creative. I told the lady sitting on the stool that the receipt was in one of the bags and she was welcome to look through them. Obviously she wasn't up to the effort of getting off her stool so she told me "have a nice day" which I did.

I wonder if stockholders can be banned, seeing as how they are owners of the store. :wacko:

I don't open carry because it draws attention and announces to everyone to shoot me first if they decide to go on a rampage, but it seems to me this particular situation was not handled well by WalMart at all.

Or the dude. Because he broke the rule where everyone could see him breaking the rule.

I wonder if the fact that he was Facebook live streaming the whole episode just to invoke a reaction was why they banned him for life from all WM stores.
Maybe trying to send a message that they are serious.

Back
Top Bottom