• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart Banned for life. (merged threads)

I can only remember once that i was ask to show my receipt and I remember i was still in my pajamas wearing fuzzy house shoes. I think some of you guys are being profiled

This is true for the state of Georgia. Walmart is a nationwide company and as such, it is different for them in other states such as, say, Tennessee. In Tennessee, signs carry the weight of law. Get caught packing in the Aquarium in Chattanooga and trespassing will be what you wish you got charged with.
So Tennessee allows a company to randomly create law... and this hasn't gone all the way to the Supreme Court!?

They started that receipt check at exit some years ago around Christmas time.
I had a sizable purchase in the cart as I started out when I got stopped , I was tired, had been in a long line and I wanted to get home..told the person I don’t have time...was told “we have to do this “
I said fine, you want to check it, follow me to the return desk and you can check it as I return it..if you’re going to hold me up, I’m not about to let you profit from it....they told me it’s okay, just go on...

So Tennessee allows a company to randomly create law... and this hasn't gone all the way to the Supreme Court!?
Stop being obtuse, Bear. You said that a company doesn't have a legal obligation and that signs don't carry the weight of law. You were wrong, and they can.

Wasn't it a Tennessee law passed that if businesses didn't allow firearms the business would be held responsible for their patrons safety?

I wonder if stockholders can be banned, seeing as how they are owners of the store. :wacko:

I don't open carry because it draws attention and announces to everyone to shoot me first if they decide to go on a rampage, but it seems to me this particular situation was not handled well by WalMart at all.

Or the dude. Because he broke the rule where everyone could see him breaking the rule.

Back
Top Bottom