• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

walmart has russian tula 380 ammo

bearpugh

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
anyone tried it? its cheaper. wasn't sure if i wanted to try steel case in my lil kel tec. but its 3.00 a box cheaper. any opinions?

IMHO, I wouldnt shoot it because of it being steel cased. Especially shooting it on a glock (which i have). The firing pin could get pretty worn out.

I've shot a couple thousand rounds of it in 9mm for classes and general plinking. A few don't go bang on occasion but all in all i've been pleased with the price. Be aware its dirty ammo, get the cleaning gear ready

I'd use pretty much any 380 I could find, went by two WW's this weekend and neither had any 380. I went and shot my mouth off about another local place having 380 and now they're out. Lesson learned.

GLOCKRUS said:
I wouldnt shoot it because of it being steel cased. Especially shooting it on a glock (which i have). The firing pin could get pretty worn out.
how does the steel case affect the firing pin?

just thinking the steel case might be hard on extractors etc. especially on my cheap lil kel tec. lol. if it was all i could get i'd use. but my walmart had rem, wwb, and the tula in stock.

While the steel case might be a bit harder than brass, it's soft steel. MUCH softer than the hardened steel parts in your firearm.

Back
Top Bottom