• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

walmart has russian tula 380 ammo

A lot of good posts that are spot on.
I shot more of this style(steel cased Wolf) out of my Glocks, literally tens of thousands of rounds, in classes from the mid 90's to around 2005. I had a spare extractor just in case but never needed it... but maybe I was just lucky.
On a smaller gun it might be a higher risk as most of them aren't necessarily designed to be shot A LOT with any round, much less steel cased ammo... which as you suggested, is harder on your extractor.

Tough call unless someone on here can speak from personal experience but even then there are no guarantees.

Last edited:
Typical case of putting the keyboard in gear before waking up fully. Iwas thinking we were talking tula ammo in general (cheap blasting). Looks like I got kicked by the bear :)
Carry on.

i ran a box of the tulammo .380 through a very nice P238. Had 7 duds out of 50. Had never had a misfire in that weapon before. When I factored in the cost for the 7 rounds, it was about the same price as cheap Remmy white box.

Using sparingly can't hurt but I've heard that steel cased ammo will ware out your extractor and firing pin a lot faster. I picked up a box of Tula in 45 and it is the dirtiest ammo in the world. I would only pick it up in a pinch.

i'll pass unless its all i can get. looked up the manual on kel tec's site. they don't approve of steel or alum case ammo.

Back
Top Bottom