• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther P22Q -- What Are The Holes For?

Boomer Mike

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
3   0
Reaction score
I like Walther's pistols and have been looking at the P22Q for a while. The photo on their website (below) shows what looks like three pins, one above the trigger and two in the grip. I though it was odd to leave them "in the white" vs having a black finish. But, when I looked at the pistol in a gun store a few days ago, I could see daylight through the pistol at the "pin" locations. So, why are there three holes going through the P22Q?

1706033504243.png

I'm pretty sure the ones that I've seen had solid pins, in which case what you're seeing is glare.

If you're seeing all the way through, then they're using coil pins. If they're "in the white", then they're stainless steel.

It's a cheap gun, as are many .22's. They have to cut corners to keep the price down.

Go for a ruger sr 22, it is leaps and bounds better than the walther. I had 2 of them.
Looks a lot like my Ruger 9mm American Compact; I'm sure it's a better gun, but the extra $200+ price tag makes it less desirable for me. I like Walther pistols and collect them. Maybe someday I'll have both .22s.

Looks a lot like my Ruger 9mm American Compact; I'm sure it's a better gun, but the extra $200+ price tag makes it less desirable for me. I like Walther pistols and collect them. Maybe someday I'll have both .22s.
I hear ya man. They are famous for cracked slides and the ppq barrel sleeve cracks.

Back
Top Bottom