• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warning Bargain Barn Jasper Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I went with my wife to get mine Christmas present. She was worried about the same thing so I wasn't going to get upset about going to look at guns :) sorry this happens but same things happen at car lots or anywhere a buck can be made.

Dang I bought a gun there about 3 months ago was a new gun I got a great price and treated me excellent sorry to hear this happened to you I don't make up there often but probably won't at all after this

When the founder had it in the old location you could go in and sit and talk to him about shooting fishing or anything Can't even get a straight answer now because noone knows anything up there.

With the exception of once having to hunt someone down to get service at the knife counter, I have never had any issues with customer service. The Bargain Barn is not a gun store, it is a country store with a gun department.
Their gun prices are on par with full retail, but their knife prices are way above MSRP. The only used guns I have seen are in the case with the derringers, there may be 10 used handguns in the entire store. I'm not sure if they sell used long guns. Anyway, I bought my first gun there (a G19) and a few since. It sucks that you had a bad experience, I have not had a similar experience at BB.

Bargain Barn Started on old 5, I personely knew Janie and her Husband..In the early 80's while at the shot show in Vegas he had a Heart Attack and passed. Janie years later decided to sell the store. She partnered with Mike The owner of Jasper Jeep to open a bank. The new owner of BB reopened on 515, It was run through the ground in greed to pay all the overhead. And yes it burnt down and rebuilt. I had lost contact with Janie several years ago, went back to purchase something at BB and it was way to expensive. Found out that Janie had Passed away, I wish someone had told me I did several exhibition bow shows at the old store. Janie was proud of her Christmas shop inside the store, she was a true a wonderful lady that carried on her husbands value's. I will not deal there anymore..

believe me they sold here a used gun, it appeared to have at least a hundred rounds or so run through it, and they sold her the standard clip for it in a package mark extended and charged for an extended clip, i used to be a licsend FFL dealer years ago and i know a used gun when i see it, in all fairness i dont know if it was a gun that they had maybe sold to someone and it was returned and they mistakingly put it back in new stock, or if it came straight from the supplier in this condition and same situation happened there and maybe was put back in stock , but point being is they sold her a used gun for new price and they flat cheated her on the magazine, and any way you cut it thats cheating the customer and its disrepuitable and down right dishonest if they refuse to correct the situation, if they where an honest dealer they would exchange the gun for a new one and give her the correct magazine that she paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom