• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Warning!! Dangerous garden hose

DixieDoug

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
75   1
Reaction score
You may have seen those new type garden hoses that weight little and will shrink up when you are done with them.....well, DON'T BUY ONE! I got two of them last fall, the yellow colored ones. Yesterday I got them out to use and both of them EXPLODED. Almost cut in half....yeah, they're strong,lol.
I did not mistreat them and actually kept them in the garage so they would stay nice and clean. Too late to get money back, but I did send an email to Walmart for whatever good that will do. Just wanted to warn you. I am going back to my old dirty, kinkable hose that I 've had for 10 years.

Yea, I figured those things were too good to be true. Surprised I didn't get a couple.....must have been sidetracked by a couple of Ginsu knives that cut everything from butter to railroad tracks.

I got one as a gift last year. I used it two or three times before the plastic valve on the end blew off rendering the hose useless.

I see where they advertise one with metal ends now but I'm not buying one.

I learned a long time ago that if there are infomercials for something at 3am, I don't buy it lol.

although the thing that hollows out the middle of burgers to make stuffing them easier is pretty darn nifty!!

I am pretty sure those hoses were recalled at one point. You may have gotten a few from the bad batch. Contact the manufacturer and Walmart, they should take care of you.

I had one. The outer fabric ripped away from the plastic end connector. The clear inner hose quickly expanded like a water balloon before the end popped off.

Good to know about the class action but I tossed mine in the trash and went back to a regular hose. It was very nice for camping as it took up very little space. I didn't use it as my line between the water supply and the rv, just for general clean up duties so it didn't have pressure on it that much.

Back
Top Bottom