• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WD 40 Introduced in 1964

Jackie Graham

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
676   0
Reaction score
Their Ad Department had a way with words that would probably / most definitely be challenged in today's world of political correctness.
WD40.jpg

I used 2/3's of a big can the other day to wipe down a cabinet I got from work. Took the nasty tacky grease right off. Then I used it to break the seized drawer bearings loose. I forgot how awesome that stuff is. I'm gonna get me a gallon can and a spray bottle and put it on everything.

I use it frequently myself. Just thought the verbiage for back then to be funny. Especially in today's winning world on being politically correct and trying not to offend anyone.

For those that may not know.
The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts.
WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a "water displacement" compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. The Corvair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

Personally I have changed over to PB Blaster for seizing yrs ago..I had a friend that was a wrench at Chrysler years ago, and he gave me Chrysler product called, Heat Riser Solvent, it sprayed out in a gray foam...That stuff was the Bomb!!

Back
Top Bottom