• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We don't want smart cops?

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836#.Ud60W0HVCSq

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

So we're wasting his brain power here
Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.

I would think instead of turning those people away, you would keep your eye on them for investigations, upper management, etc.

I would think instead of turning those people away, you would keep your eye on them for investigations, upper management, etc.

My GF just tested a convicted felon and gang member with an IQ of 127, and he is extremely violent bipolar and his father is schizophrenic. She said it was scary just knowing that someone that evil with enough intelligence to do some real harm was out walking the streets.

My GF just tested a convicted felon and gang member with an IQ of 127, and he is extremely violent bipolar and his father is schizophrenic. She said it was scary just knowing that someone that evil with enough intelligence to do some real harm was out walking the streets.
Hate to say it, but some of the most brilliant people I've ever met are criminals. just the sheer effort they put into getting under, around, and over the authorities is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand but... while it seems that stupid thugs might be easier to catch AFTER the fact, the stupid ones scare me more. You never know what in the heck they will do or when.
But the really smart ones don't leave a trail. D.B. Cooper, anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be stuck in my head all day now. Ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom