• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapons Carry License question

dakatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
So, I need to renew my WCL that will expire 1/31/17.

My current issue was from Barrow county. I have since moved to Jackson county.

My question is....do i have to pay just the renewal fee ($35ish in Jackson) or do I have to pay as whole new applicant in this county ?

So, I need to renew my WCL that will expire 1/31/17.

My current issue was from Barrow county. I have since moved to Jackson county.

My question is....do i have to pay just the renewal fee ($35ish in Jackson) or do I have to pay as whole new applicant in this county ?
Renewal thanks to Georgia Carry

When I first got mine , you could renew in any county you lived in. Then in the early 2000's they started making you go through the entire process every time .
Now they have made it so you can just renew again in your county but you have to start from scratch if you move to another county.
I got my first one in 1995 and the process has been different every single time I have done it.
EDIT: upon further review I see that you don't have to do the fingerprint thing again as the probate judge will request them from the last county you had a permit in.
I'm telling ya , they change this crap every other year.

.... upon further review I see that you don't have to do the fingerprint thing again as the probate judge will request them from the last county you had a permit in.
I'm telling ya , they change this crap every other year.

Yep, but it's a great thing that we can "renew" without fingerprints again, even in a different county, and for a much lower fee.
For me, it was only $30 to renew, and it was $90 for the prior GWL (not my first, but like the 5th one, each requiring new fingerprints).

Back
Top Bottom